Official P3 Range Leaderboard

I don't think I've flown in a week, this is my busiest time of year for work and when I have time it's been windy, if it's over 4 mph I usually don't bother. So here's the story with strapping one on front, you either have to mod your battery with a 5 inch cable that'll make it up front (or do a whole other extension cable, which adds more weight) or if your aircraft is modded you can run a cable out the front leg instead of two out the back. I've done it 2000 maxamp up there @ 190 g , two of my aircraft don't like it and one of them handled it fine! So it may or may not work on yours. If it doesn't work you'll know because you'll get "Max motor speed errors" or it will yaw out of control and out of nowhere as you're flying forward which is scary[emoji41]
Adding an extra 700 g on to the aircraft is extreme, but you can try it

Db, at this moment in time I just want to do about 8 mile round trip and not have to worry about battery non stop, which I do with my stock battery and land with %6. I need to get 30 mins for what I need to do.
So if there is a lighter setup or the venom splits or whatever that you recommend

Db, at this moment in time I just want to do about 8 mile round trip and not have to worry about battery non stop, which I do with my stock battery and land with %6. I need to get 30 mins for what I need to do.
So if there is a lighter setup or the venom splits or whatever that you recommend

If you wanted to be light and manageable and will be happy to get 30 minutes, just get the 5.2 split from horizon! Or if you don't mind thinking outside the box, just put the MultiStar under the VPS. You'll probably get 32 to 36 minutes

If you wanted to be light and manageable and will be happy to get 30 minutes, just get the 5.2 split from horizon! Or if you don't mind thinking outside the box, just put the MultiStar under the VPS. You'll probably get 32 to 36 minutes

I going to do what you have told me, one multistar 5.2, under the vps.
Is it possible to remove the vps module altogether since it is not going to be used? I don't use it at all anyways.

I tend to think it is exactly that. But I'm sure not all you guys with the long distances live in Alaska, lol! So question here is: how many others are getting this message and the slower speed because of it??

I really don't want to move to some where cold to do my long range tests without the propulsion message !
I e only gotten it once and it was recently, when temps were over 100F w heat index. Otherwise, never seen it before.

Reactions: Zuzua
I going to do what you have told me, one multistar 5.2, under the vps.
Is it possible to remove the vps module altogether since it is not going to be used? I don't use it at all anyways.

No it's the hub for all the antennas and the receiver.

Reactions: Zuzua
@dirtybum, how do you mount the Flytrex when you have the split 5200's installed? I just got the Flytrex, but the cable it comes with is very short.

Yeah, the flytrex 3gPlus w/ adapterboard can really only be mounted one place. Did you also get the 3-D printed holder? I don't use the holder I just tape my Flytrx unit on w/ white electric tape, same way I would do split batteries. So when it comes time to put a split battery on, I just lay it right over the top of the flytrex unit and tape the battery on as I normally would.
Dropbox - Tape that ****,it's more aeroD
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1467750067.383262.jpg

Reactions: Silverwingflinx
Got my amps today, here is how I mounted mine on the secraft tray and device holder
01f335f1ecd83f4113864f31ef79a364.jpg

af5aebfd33e184f70a5389836f4429ac.jpg

a78e3bca141bc58c9002fed539edd3bd.jpg

44cb57a3239f2c12f34b27159c509cd1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: dirtybum
Hey guys, I apologize for the delay, but I finally got everything up-to-date. Been busy past week trying to get everything caught up before I left for vacation. Let me know if I missed anyone!

Can some one with gold sunhans amps and maxx panel or any panel do ma a favor and run this test. There is no flight involved, you can do it in the house. I'm trying to trouble shoot an issue I have.
Ok, turn RC on and amps then p3 a or p. Open up dji go app make sure hd is set to auto, and bring up the aircraft status and see what it says for radio channel quality, let it be for about 2 minutes and see if it changes. If it changes to "poor", turn amps off and see if it changes back to good, if it does then turn amps on and see if it changes to "poor" again. Do this a few times to see if results are consistent.
Reason for this test is this

I just hooked up the amps and made sure all connectors are correctly inserted, all the pins in the connectors are straight, triple checked everything, I get less range than normal, same place that I test things, same route. Where I get 21000 without amps I have full signals but with amps video drops around 4500 feet and shortly after that radio signal drops. The amp lights are half white and once RC is on the other half turns blue as it should. I have changed all the cables but same results.
Hd is set to auto channel. One thing I did notice is this, when RC is on and amps off, under aircraft status, the radio channel quality is good, as soon as I turn the amp on it drops to red and says poor radio channel quality. I have tested this about 20 times and everytime same result. I even moved the amps from the back of the panel to as far as the cables reach.

Can some one with gold sunhans amps and maxx panel or any panel do ma a favor and run this test. There is no flight involved, you can do it in the house. I'm trying to trouble shoot an issue I have.
Ok, turn RC on and amps then p3 a or p. Open up dji go app make sure hd is set to auto, and bring up the aircraft status and see what it says for radio channel quality, let it be for about 2 minutes and see if it changes. If it changes to "poor", turn amps off and see if it changes back to good, if it does then turn amps on and see if it changes to "poor" again. Do this a few times to see if results are consistent.

I just hooked up the amps and made sure all connectors are correctly inserted, all the pins in the connectors are straight, triple checked everything, I get less range than normal, same place that I test things, same route. Where I get 21000 without amps I have full signals but with amps video drops around 4500 feet and shortly after that radio signal drops. The amp lights are half white and once RC is on the other half turns blue as it should. I have changed all the cables but same results.
Hd is set to auto channel. One thing I did notice is this, when RC is on and amps off, under aircraft status, the radio channel quality is good, as soon as I turn the amp on it drops to red and says poor radio channel quality. I have tested this about 20 times and everytime same result. I even moved the amps from the back of the panel to as far as the cables reach.

It will always show poor quality, but it doesn't mean you're getting poor signal.

sorry to hear about your troubles i too had same problem with fpvlr v1 and v2 antennas only one amp with blue light used same amps itelite they work.changed cables still did not work stayed with itelite..

It will always show poor quality, but it doesn't mean you're getting poor signal.

Hey Jake
Well that answers that then. Sho what do you think is going on Jake?

Thanks.
By the way, I have tried the tests in two different locations and in each location in two opposite directions. I always use these locations for muy tests as I know the numbers I was getting with everything stock. One direction is los and the other is no los. This way I can test amped and unboosted!!

Last edited:
Reactions: JakeMaxxUAV
Hey Jake
Well that answers that then. Sho what do you think is going on Jake?

Thanks.
By the way, I have tried the tests in two different locations and in each location in two opposite directions. I always use these locations for muy tests as I know the numbers I was getting with everything stock. One direction is los and the other is no los. This way I can test amped and unboosted!!
I couldn't tell you for sure. That's beyond my understanding. When using boosters and only a few feet away the video gets choppy. Mine will say poor quality the whole way out but I don't have any problems. Video and control work just fine. It's a little misleading haha

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctlfreak