Official P3 Range Leaderboard

I looked through all the posts and I believe I have everyone updated. If not, let me know!

39,746ft
Itelite MAXXRange, Boosted, Battery Mod

DrthIdu.jpg

44min flight time!!!??!!..wtf .this dude needs to share
The biggest reason I've read so far that I wouldn't have brought this flight over to our list is the fact that James flew this flight without a camera attached, if this is true it puts him at a very unfair advantage even for friendly competition! The weight of the camera is equal to that of a heavy lipo battery, anyone of us could remove the camera and put an additional heavy battery where the camera sits and get extra flight times! I don't think a hard earned record like Unknowns should be replaced by someone who didn't use like equipment. Removing your camera is not a
"mod"!

The biggest reason I've read so far that I wouldn't have brought this flight over to our list is the fact that James flew this flight without a camera attached, if this is true it puts him at a very unfair advantage even for friendly competition! The weight of the camera is equal to that of a heavy lipo battery, anyone of us could remove the camera and put an additional heavy battery where the camera sits and get extra flight times! I don't think a hard earned record like Unknowns should be replaced by someone who didn't use like equipment. Removing your camera is not a
"mod"!
Adding batteries could be considered an unfair advantage too, so we just need to categorize better. There were no set rules to this. If you wanted to remove the guts and mount everything to a stick of butter, it would make the board! Haha! If we want to set up different categories, I'm all for it. I'd imagine flying blind adds a new set of challenges.

Here are my thoughts for categories:

Extreme Mods (batteries, weight reduction, etc)
Amplified Mods
Antenna Mods
Stock
Suicide

What do you think?

Too muddled, keep it as is, but I thought that was interesting , not in a good way!

Quadcopter Flight Mission in Des Moines, United States
New personal best round-trip.
P3A battery mod
Maxxrange antenna boosted
Still working on the HD report
Update please
Adding batteries could be considered an unfair advantage too, so we just need to categorize better. There were no set rules to this. If you wanted to remove the guts and mount everything to a stick of butter, it would make the board! Haha!
You're right Jake, there was no set of rules! You're doing a good job with this list and you got it streamlined, I think you should keep it the way it is. I think in the future if somebody wants to be on the list they should join the forum and post their numbers their self. That way if anybody has positive questions about their mods, they have an opportunity to participate/help! Thank you all for listening to my rants and silly opinions[emoji41]
Please update these newest numbers of mine on the list and I'll join again when I have other numbers to update.

Reactions: JakeMaxxUAV
You're right Jake, there was no set of rules! You're doing a good job with this list and you got it streamlined, I think you should keep it the way it is. I think in the future if somebody wants to be on the list they should join the forum and post their numbers their self. That way if anybody has positive questions about their mods, they have an opportunity to participate/help! Thank you all for listening to my rants and silly opinions[emoji41]
Please update these newest numbers of mine on the list and I'll join again when I have other numbers to update.
Ahh, that's the one I missed. I usually scroll and look for screenshots, so that's why it was missed. Got it updated :)

Tag me in your flights by using @JakeMaxxUAV in your post.

Ahh, that's the one I missed. I usually scroll and look for screenshots, so that's why it was missed. Got it updated :)

Tag me in your flights by using @JakeMaxxUAV in your post.
That new personal best of mine was actually made using the maxxrange boosted! (although personally I don't think it needed to be boosted) just want to make sure your list gives the maxxrange the credit it's due[emoji41]

That new personal best of mine was actually made using the maxxrange boosted! (although personally I don't think it needed to be boosted) just want to make sure your list gives the maxxrange the credit it's due[emoji41]
If we remove a camera & jimbal, we can flighting abt. 44 min also? At first, I thought he found new batteries,,,

I'd just note by the flight just we do for battery mods and boosted etc, "camera removed"

Doh, you already did, cool.

Also it's not hard at all flying without FPV as long as you have telemetry and maps and know your area. Stay at 400ft and drone on. Eazy Peazy. I usually don't look at my FPV video anyway. It's usually too bright (glare). I'm watching battery and maps the whole time.

Reactions: UnknownCaller
"mod"!

DB, with all due respect to your skills and accomplishments, I disagree with just about everything you've said about James' flight. Any type of modification, whether it's adding or removing something, is a "mod". That's the very definition of a modification. His mod of removing the camera isn't any more of an unfair advantage than your battery mod and Maxxrange antenna. I don't have either of those, so by your definition, you have an unfair advantage over me. I just choose not to do them. No one is stopping you from removing your camera and adding another battery. Every one of these long range flights is different in some way, either by modification to the controller, the bird, or both, or the area they are flown in, the take off point, etc. None of them are on equal ground.

Reactions: dirtybum
You're right Jake, there was no set of rules! You're doing a good job with this list and you got it streamlined
DB, with all due respect to your skills and accomplishments, I disagree with just about everything you've said about James' flight. Any type of modification, whether it's adding or removing something, is a "mod". That's the very definition of a modification. His mod of removing the camera isn't any more of an unfair advantage than your battery mod and Maxxrange antenna. I don't have either of those, so by your definition, you have an unfair advantage over me. I just choose not to do them. No one is stopping you from removing your camera and adding another battery. Every one of these long range flights is different in some way, either by modification to the controller, the bird, or both, or the area they are flown in, the take off point, etc. None of them are on equal ground.
Thanks DennyBo, you and Jake are absolutely right, there is no set of rules in this friendly competition, a modification is just that! Whatever you got to do as long as it is a P3 model,it qualifies. As I recently pointed out, Jake is done a nice job with the list and the two categories is all it really needs. Some tricks it takes to get these distances and flight times would be considered unfair to those who don't use them, hopefully those who post in the future continue to be part of the community here, so those mods and ideas can be shared here if others choose to use them. Thanks for the perspective Denny[emoji41]

Last edited:
Reactions: DennyBoBenny

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ODIN Reviews