Official P3 Range Leaderboard

Thanks DennyBo, you and Jake are absolutely right, there is no set of rules in this friendly competition, a modification is just that! Whatever you got to do as long as it is a P3 model,it qualifies. As I recently pointed out, Jake is done a nice job with the list and the two categories is all it really needs. Some tricks it takes to get these distances and flight times would be considered unfair to those who don't use them, hopefully those who post in the future continue to be part of the community here, so those mods and ideas can be shared here if others choose to use them. Thanks for the perspective Denny[emoji41]

Agreed, DB. I've enjoyed reading a lot of your posts and I've definitely learned much from your experience. Thank you.

Probably the best show ever. Do you watch Better Call Saul? It's also very good!
A lot of my free time, when I'm not working or being dad, is at night, so you'll see a lot of my flights take place then, that's also when I can watch those types of shows that I love so much. So like with breaking bad ,I just waited till it was finished ( and didn't speak with anybody for a year to avoid spoilers) then ran three hour marathons of it every night for a month. So if you notice me not posting for sharing ideas for a straight month, it's because I'm deep into "Saul"[emoji41]

Reactions: JakeMaxxUAV
Adding bigger batteries or is more powerful antenna is different then removing the camera all of the functions that the stock P3 has my modified version has as soon as you remove the camera you're taking away a lot of the things that make flying the P3 fun.

Adding bigger batteries or is more powerful antenna is different then removing the camera all of the functions that the stock P3 has my modified version has as soon as you remove the camera you're taking away a lot of the things that make flying the P3 fun.

Agreed Keith. I'm not a nascar fan but I think of the analogy where you see these guys driving around with Chevy and whatever bodies that mimic the mass production model of whatever car they have. But there is nothing similar to the original factory spec on that car. With our P3's it seems that we started with pushing the stock configuration and modifying for battery/antenna. But not modifying the original equipment of the bird aside from that. We all know weight has a direct relation to flight time. But I think the fun in it is pushing the OEM bird with the addition of mods. Not taking anything away from the guy who removed the camera, it's a sure fire way to shed some weight and with that will come added flight time. But, when you're up on a leader board, that camera delete is something that sets your configuration apart for the rest of us in a way that does not put all things equal.

I'm not trying to cry about the record, I think it's awesome and it has inspired me to be more innovative and take a very close look at what I'm doing and where I should be concentrating my research and testing.

This is why I agree it's a good call to put on the board"camera removed" along with battery mods and antennas used that way I can still look at the board and say Unknown is # 1 for the mods I use and someone else can use the post for example that's the leader in the stock category to encourage them to reach that goal.

Does it matter what model phantom you fly...no category for that correct?

Not everybody's got the P5 yet like you Pro, when it's made available to the rest of us Jake will probably start that post.[emoji41]
Lol minus 2 from that 5 and add an S and that what i got

James has asked that his be removed so I've removed it.

Also, yes, this is for all variants of the P3. I believe dirtybum used a P3S in his flights.

Also, yes, this is for all variants of the P3. I believe dirtybum used a P3S in his flights.
My flight that's on the board now was flown with a P3A 1.6 fw. I still fly all the phantoms except for the P4 for for distance. The P3standard is a very capable distance runner, i've taken it 8+ miles and back with the right antenna combos

My first long distance flight. I deal with a lot of elevation and unfortunately I can not get to a higher starting point. I went 18,192 one way with the Maxx Itelite and had 23% battery on my Phantom Professional when I landed. I used to only get about 8,000! BTW my altitude was what it was because the flight I took was 300ft higher than I was. Not bad for my first try I guess.
Has anyone here used the Geo Altitude app for iOS? It's like 2 or 3 bucks but well worth it if you want to know elevations of where you fly.

I guess a battery mod is next :)
aa9ab4c9565c5370e6c651203e475146.jpg

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

My first long distance flight. I deal with a lot of elevation and unfortunately I can not get to a higher starting point. I went 18,192 one way with the Maxx Itelite and had 23% battery on my Phantom Professional when I landed. I used to only get about 8,000! BTW my altitude was what it was because the flight I took was 300ft higher than I was. Not bad for my first try I guess.
Has anyone here used the Geo Altitude app for iOS? It's like 2 or 3 bucks but well worth it if you want to know elevations of where you fly.

I guess a battery mod is next :)
aa9ab4c9565c5370e6c651203e475146.jpg

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app
Well done! Got you added to the board!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ODIN Reviews