Odd upgrade behavior ... Am I alone?

Reaction score
I'll be as brief as possible. I have a new P4P+ and it said I needed to upgrade, which I did. Promptly after that, it said I needed to upgrade again, and again. I dutifully followed, and on about the 3rd or 4th attempt, something odd happened ... my camera went dark. Everything else worked fine, and it even took and filed photos/video ... but no show on the integrated android screen.

I tried a variety of things, all frustrating failures. Then I decided to do a manual SD-Card "Local" update to firmware version 1.02.00 ... and "Voila!" ... camera OK.

The only residual now is that I get a boot-up message that the gadget wants me to "upgrade" to the "downgraded" software in order to fix RC-P4P compatibility mismatch.

Terrified that I'll again get my dreaded "blank camera" error, I say "No" (actually it's "Wait" on the screen).

Anyone have any suggestions about how I get rid of that annoying startup message?

Oh ... BTW ... I've already connected the P4P+ to the DJI Assistant 2, and upgraded to the latest firmware on the drone.

The RC boot-up mismatch error and attempt to down-rev ... happens anyway.

Any ideas? It just shouldn't be this hard to get rid of upgrade/mismatch error messages.

Rusty

I could very well be wrong, but it sounds like the RC firmware does not Match the new firmware in the AC. Did you update the RC as well as the AC? You didn't specify.

OK ... kind of odd, but since I wrote this, I noticed that 1.02.01 has come out. I did the normal online update, and everything works just fine now. Interesting.

I'm good ... at least until the next odd upgrade results.

I guess my remaining question is ... Does the upgraded RC automagically update the drone after the update process is completed?

Rusty

Can't really answer that about the P4, all I can tell you is ( At least for the P3's) the AC and RC are done seperately. SD card for the AC and RC through the app.

Really? Is that true? Are you saying the only way to upgrade the P4P AC firmware ... is via an SD Card? I need to stress-test that theory just a bit.

That is not what I said...read again. I said for P3's. All of the P3 series are that way.

No worries. All good. I will say though, take a lot of time and look around here. You will find more information than you need or really ever wanted to know. And just from my prospective, the new firmware issues have been a complete nightmare for most and it seems even worse with the P4's. So if you have issues, there is plenty of info.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl