Obstacle Avoidance

Reaction score
I received my DJI Phantom 4 Pro Obsidian this last week. This is my first drone with obstacle avoidance upgraded from a phantom 3. I’ve only had 1 flight on it so far. I noticed while flying that only the front and back sensors detected objects. I didnt get any warnings from the sides or bottom sensors while I was close to objects. Can anyone tell me what the issue is. Thanks

I didnt get any warnings from the sides or bottom sensors while I was close to objects.
The sides sensors are only active when using Beginner mode or Tripod mode. The bottom sensors cannot be used to avoid obstacles.

The sides sensors are only active when using Beginner mode or Tripod mode. The bottom sensors cannot be used to avoid obstacles.

Ok that’s what I thought only certain modes. Thank you. I will test tripod mode out next time I fly and make sure they detect the objects.

i was flying today in tripod mode shooting pics of lawn damage by wild hogs while flying in reverse, the back sensors detected the electric line from the pole to the house and started beeping. I was moving very slowly and just wanted to mention they seem to work!

Reactions: AndrewCCM

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctlfreak