Obstacle avoidance not working.

Reaction score
Folks,

Would love any input before sending to DJI.

Short form: I have OA turned on but the aircraft refuses to detect obstacle in any direction. I have performed a sensor calibration and the calibration worked. Does this mean the sensors are seeing and are properly hooked up? If so what can I look at to troubleshoot. The OA icon is red while the aircraft is powered up. But turn white when I start the motors. Is this normal? This aircraft was recently update to 1.05.0600 from the 03.509 version during a recent repair.

Longer form: suffered a crash that broke a landing gear, gimbal motor and lower shell. I sent it to DDS for repair. I told them that I noticed the OA indicator red (but that was without motors started so may have been a red herring - no pun intended).

They fixed everything else but said they can’t get the sensors working. It’s a software problem that only DJI could fix. I told them it was perfect before the crash and repair. They insisted that it has to go back to DJI due to it being software and shipped the drone back.

Everything seems to work except obstacle avoidance in any direction. Now that I can start the motors I see the indicator go from red to white so I thought maybe it was really working. But it’s not sending obstacles. As I stated above, I hooked up to my Mac and calibrated the sensors successfully. I went through all the settings. Nothing works.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Bill

I'm stumped. Would do as DDS suggest. Be sure to include any information supplied during the repair. Hopefully only the cost of shipping. The P4 only has front and bottom sensors. Do the bottom work? They are the most important. Best of luck

I'm stumped. Would do as DDS suggest. Be sure to include any information supplied during the repair. Hopefully only the cost of shipping. The P4 only has front and bottom sensors. Do the bottom work? They are the most important. Best of luck
It’s a P4P so has backward facing sensors. How do I test downward ones?

Put your hand underneath it when it's hovering and see if it rises. If not, they're not working either. Didn't know it was a pro.
I’ll try that today.

I saw in my email another reply from you that I don’t see here saying “if DDS can’t fix it I’m stumped.” I tried very hard to talk to the tech to find out what he looked at and why he thinks it’s software but got nowhere. They simply won’t let the techs talk to customers.

Put your hand underneath it when it's hovering and see if it rises. If not, they're not working either. Didn't know it was a pro.
Downward facing sensors don’t work either.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dragonslair