Obstacle avoidance malfunction

Reaction score
Hi all,

The last couple of times that I have flown my p4 it has asked me to change route to avoid an obstacle, this would be fine if I wasn’t flying it at 150 meters and can clearly see that there is nothing in the way. Does anyone have any ideas why it may be doing this and how to stop it happening. I would be great full for any advise.

Cheers

Caddy

Does anyone have any ideas why it may be doing this
Certain Light conditions can cause this. See the manual.

OA 2.png

Hi all,

The last couple of times that I have flown my p4 it has asked me to change route to avoid an obstacle, this would be fine if I wasn’t flying it at 150 meters and can clearly see that there is nothing in the way. Does anyone have any ideas why it may be doing this and how to stop it happening. I would be great full for any advise.

Cheers

Caddy
DJI doesn't want you to be the next Icarus.

Hi all,

Cheers

Caddy
Turn it off,useless in the air

Hi all,

The last couple of times that I have flown my p4 it has asked me to change route to avoid an obstacle, this would be fine if I wasn’t flying it at 150 meters and can clearly see that there is nothing in the way. Does anyone have any ideas why it may be doing this and how to stop it happening.
And was the drone pointing toward a low, bright sun at the time?
That's the usual explanation for mid-air obstacles.

Like Ianzone says, if flying in the open, turn OA off and enjoy the extra speed.

Thanks for all your advice, I think I will turn it off when flying in open spaces.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor