Nvidia Shield video glitch captured

Reaction score
It has done this since day one of owning the tablet (January) I just havent mentioned before now.
Sometimes it does it, sometimes it doesnt.

video gets glitchy sometimes...I can see the glitch when its playing in dji editor, I can see the glitch when it playing direct from SD card inserted into the tablet.

I CANNOT see the glitch when the SD card is mounted on my desktop and played through any editor or player.

this is the glitch, grey screen, portions of the video drop out, a similar glitch happens every time I snap a pic, screen go black, takes a few seconds to rebuild the image, some random colored bars appear for a split second then back to the normal fpv image.

I can get t to replicate if I go into the camera video settings and change the color value from d-cinelike to vivid or someting, then it grey glitches and takes a fraction of a second to rebuilt the image on the screen.

I wasnt able to get a screen cap from the tablet, so below are a couple pics i snapped with my phone.

glitch
20170320_154858.jpg

no glitch
20170320_154850.jpg

Details of setup

Phantom 4
Nvidia Shield
DJI Go app (not Go-4)
1.5 ft. high qaulity USB data cable (not a charge cable)
mpeg video format
1080 60fps
style d-cinelike
Samsung EVO-pro 32gb SDHC card 23gb free 95mb/sec
local caching disabled
local cache cleared
card reformated from inside bird
usb debug enabled on dji app
usb debug enabled on tablet
Plenty or ram available. (600mb free) no apps are installed on this tablet that could interfere. No facebook, no dropbox, just chrome and DJI go

Last edited:
It has done this since day one of owning the tablet (January) I just havent mentioned before now.

video gets glitchy sometimes...I can see the glitch when its playing in dji editor, I can see the glitch when it playing direct from SD card inserted into the tablet.

I CANNOT see the glitch when the SD card is mounted on my desktop and played through any editor or player.

this is the glitch, grey screen, portions of the video drop out, a similar glitch happens every time I snap a pic, screen go black, takes a few seconds to rebuild the image, some random colored bars appear for a split second then back to the normal fpv image.

I can get t to replicate if I go into the camera video settings and change the color value from d-cinelike to vivid or someting, then it grey glitches and takes a fraction of a second to rebuilt the image on the screen.

I wasnt able to get a screen cap from the tablet, so below are a couple pics i snapped with my phone.

glitch
View attachment 78860

no glitch
View attachment 78859

Details of setup

Phantom 4
Nvidia Shield
DJI Go app (not Go-4)
mpeg video format
1080 60fps
style d-cinelike
Samsung EVO-pro 32gb SDHC card 23gb free
local caching disabled
local cache cleared
usb debuggin enabled on dji app
Plenty or ram available. (600mb free) no apps are installed on this tablet that could interfere. No facebook, no dropbox, just chrome and DJI go
Hi glitchs,,,oh joy,!, im useing 1080 30 fps,,,and i changed my usb cord,,was faulty :)sd card was to slow aswell,,i went 64gb 90mb/s ,me bird all good at mo but down version update 4.0.5,now but no test flights,,was windy,see what happen today

glitch
View attachment 78860

no glitch
View attachment 78859

Details of setup

Phantom 4
Nvidia Shield
DJI Go app (not Go-4)
mpeg video format
1080 60fps
style d-cinelike
Samsung EVO-pro 32gb SDHC card 23gb free
local caching disabled
local cache cleared
usb debuggin enabled on dji app
And why u use dji go app thats now for drones before p4 you NEED djigo4 app

And why u use dji go app thats now for drones before p4 you NEED djigo4 app

no I dont need it, it did the samething with Go4

this is a p4, not p4pro.

Hi glitchs,,,oh joy,!, im useing 1080 30 fps,,,and i changed my usb cord,,was faulty :)sd card was to slow aswell,,i went 64gb 90mb/s ,me bird all good at mo but down version update 4.0.5,now but no test flights,,was windy,see what happen today

high qaulity usb cable, perfect length at 1.5 ft. I tranfer tb's of data using the same cables everyday.

regardless:
its not a cable issue this is why...

The tablet does it with the SD card in the tablet.
because there is no cable being used.

This is a Shield issue.

let me be clear, this issue occured with both Go and Go 4. I recently rolled back to Go original when the Nvidia started black screening during flgiht after update on Go4

I will not update to go4 until the isses with Android have been fixed.

just changed to 30fps.

issue remains.

let me be clear, this issue occured with both Go and Go 4. I recently rolled back to Go original when the Nvidia started black screening during flgiht after update on Go4

I will not update to go4 until the isses with Android have been fixed.
Gosh ,,ok with you now ,android does have issues ,,i think we all been there,,,wow yip now u got me stumped,,really not sure what goin there between those apps and your device ,,i be thinkin on that ,,,mayby someone useing k1 aswell can throw some light on subject,, :)sorry i couldent offer any solutions but me brain ticking now,,:confused:

Reactions: jakobe75
tried a few settings changes.

I think this is linked to image tranmission data rate settings. I was linked on channel 16 at 6mbps.

I changed to manual setting channel 13 and 4mbs and the issue is much less pronounced.

then I changed to channel 13 10mbps and the issue instantly reappears even worse.

tried a few settings changes.

I think this is linked to image tranmission data rate settings. I was linked on channel 16 at 6mbps.

I changed to manual setting channel 13 and 4mbs and the issue is much less pronounced.

then I changed to channel 13 10mbps and the issue instantly reappears even worse.
Just looked at mine,,set on auto but custom channel 15 at6mps,,,that where mine is

I'v noticed that same thing -- better quality at lower rates, worse at higher rates. With the **** thing sitting 10 feet away from me.

Something's not right, but I get fine results and long range at 4mbps, so it's workable for now.

I'v noticed that same thing -- better quality at lower rates, worse at higher rates. With the **** thing sitting 10 feet away from me.

Something's not right, but I get fine results and long range at 4mbps, so it's workable for now.
Ok thanks i try on 4 aswell:)wind droppin test flight soon and with new 4.0.5 ,version

Exactly the same here too I was doing this test while it was on my office work table about 10ft from me. And was getting these grey artifact type glitches nonstop. Lowered tranmission rate and seems better now, but havent flown it.
yet.

But heres the thing....those images I posted are with no drone connected or even powered on, thats straight from the sd card. But the same video on my desktop, the same sd card and no glitch can be seen. Weird right?!

UPDATE:

After some testing, I have found by lowering the data tranmission rate to 4mb it improved the video glitchy feed by nearly 5%
So in other words....no go, it still glitches even with a lower rate.

This is directly related to the Shield tablet. I am now 100% convinced. Because when I hook up my GoogleTwos to the hdmi port, it gets even worse.
The screen will flash the "image tranmission problem" in red more frequently.

The GoogleTwos are run in mirror mode, likely putting more stress on the tablet since it has to draw two images instead of one.
and it reduces my range when using the googles. If I get too far away, the tablet glitches unexpectedly. and when I say to far away I mean maybe 1000ft.

I am wondering if the Shield is getting near the end of it's useful life as a drone tablet. It just cant handle it anymore.
Because at this point there are no other options left to investigate as far as I can tell. Unless it get into rooting or reseting to factory settings.

- I have nearly no apps installed or running.
- It occurs on both Go and Go4
- Lowest possible seting on data rate
- Various channels have no efffect
- Various video/image settings show no improvement

UPDATE:

After some testing, I have found by lowering the data tranmission rate to 4mb it improved the video glitchy feed by nearly 5%
So in other words....no go, it still glitches even with a lower rate.

This is directly related to the Shield tablet. I am now 100% convinced. Because when I hook up my GoogleTwos to the hdmi port, it gets even worse.
The screen will flash the "image tranmission problem" in red more frequently.

The GoogleTwos are run in mirror mode, likely putting more stress on the tablet since it has to draw two images instead of one.
and it reduces my range when using the googles. If I get too far away, the tablet glitches unexpectedly. and when I say to far away I mean maybe 1000ft.

I am wondering if the Shield is getting near the end of it's useful life as a drone tablet. It just cant handle it anymore.
Because at this point there are no other options left to investigate as far as I can tell. Unless it get into rooting or reseting to factory settings.

- I have nearly no apps installed or running.
- It occurs on both Go and Go4
- Lowest possible seting on data rate
- Various channels have no efffect
- Various video/image settings show no improvement
HI yep I just got new tablet cause other was glitch in and playing up,usein Samsung tab A6 10.1,,made so much difference,other still looks and goes good but getting old and slow to process,,,,hardest thing was handing over $$$$$$:)

HI yep I just got new tablet cause other was glitch in and playing up,usein Samsung tab A6 10.1,,made so much difference,other still looks and goes good but getting old and slow to process,,,,hardest thing was handing over $$$$$$:)

Unfortunately I am not a fan of Samsung tablets, I have owned three of them. The latest being a 8" tab A. It contained too much bloatware as most samsung devices do. I gave it to my mom.

Their devices dont offer enough overall longevity or performance for me. The Tab a6 is still only 1.5gb or 2gb. But 6gb devices from even cheap chinese manufactures are emerging now.

Their devices run great when you root them and get rid of the samsung suite of bloatware.

These past experiecnes are the main reason I have no interest in the Galaxy S8, I have an s5 and s6 now, my wife has the s7 edge. The s8 (aside from being the most slippery phone ever create to date) doesnt seem like it will gain any edge over current devices....YES it is faster and more powerful, but all that gets negated by the bloatware they install. Nobody wants Bixby.

Unfortunately I am not a fan of Samsung tablets, I have owned three of them. The latest being a 8" tab A. It contained too much bloatware as most samsung devices do. I gave it to my mom.

Their devices dont offer enough overall longevity or performance for me. The Tab a6 is still only 1.5gb or 2gb. But 6gb devices from even cheap chinese manufactures are emerging now.

Their devices run great when you root them and get rid of the samsung suite of bloatware.

These past experiecnes are the main reason I have no interest in the Galaxy S8, I have an s5 and s6 now, my wife has the s7 edge. The s8 (aside from being the most slippery phone ever create to date) doesnt seem like it will gain any edge over current devices....YES it is faster and more powerful, but all that gets negated by the bloatware they install. Nobody wants Bixby.
Yeh ,,couldnot afford iPad. That's what I wanted,,$700 for iPad here:eek:this was next choice is price range,,this tablet was $600 :oops: 2016 model,,still android but works well at the moment,,I hope it stays like that...and hope this weather clears ,,no flying today,,aaaaaarrrrrrggggg:)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31