Nvidia shield K1

You're absolutely right, sorry. I was getting mixed up with downloading maps in the field which you do need a cellular connection for.
If you can set up your phone as a wifi hotspot, and your carrier permits that, then you can also download maps to your tablet via your phone's cellular data capability. My plan allows only 100MB per month for the hotspot or tethering, but that's been enough to get maps when I've forgotten to cache them in advance.

Reactions: Wacker2611
If you can set up your phone as a wifi hotspot, and your carrier permits that, then you can also download maps to your tablet via your phone's cellular data capability. My plan allows only 100MB per month for the hotspot or tethering, but that's been enough to get maps when I've forgotten to cache them in advance.
O man, I have 4gb of data and I can use all of it in hot-spot, but I live in Ecuador, so. I'm Curious, how Koch do you pay, I pay 42 taxes included for 4gb and 300 mins

No, follow me works, because the nvidia shield have gps so you can use follow me.
Android tablets almost always have gps
The only sensor missing from some tablets is a barometric pressure sensor. As far as I know this currently is only used by Litchi's magic leash, and then only matters when following in hilly areas or when there's a a change in elevation along the route.

How does the K1 compare to the standard Nvidia Shield tablet?? Is it the same thing as the rumored Nvidia Shield 2, or are we still waiting for that?

I already have the standard shield tablet, so just wondering if upgrading is worth it.

It's exactly the same, minus the stylus and cable , and now it has a big silver shield logo on the back! It is a lot cheaper though.

It's exactly the same, minus the stylus and cable , and now it has a big silver shield logo on the back! It is a lot cheaper though.

The K1 also has the rubber padding on the front side where the speakers are which is not on the 1st unit.

I mentioned this before, one of my favorite features on the K1 is the ability to adjust the processors power scheme. It can be set per each app. So if you prefer all the processing power to be directed to the aircraft's apps over any others, it can be done.

This is no big deal, but a few days ago I flew my 1st 2 mile (4 mile round trip) flight seen in the video below. The Nvidia's processor preformed great without a glitch. The Nvidia tablet is currently the best android tablet to have for the P3.

The K1 also has the rubber padding on the front side where the speakers are which is not on the 1st unit.

I mentioned this before, one of my favorite features on the K1 is the ability to adjust the processors power scheme. It can be set per each app. So if you prefer all the processing power to be directed to the aircraft's apps over any others, it can be done.

This is no big deal, but a few days ago I flew my 1st 2 mile (4 mile round trip) flight seen in the video below. The Nvidia's processor preformed great without a glitch. The Nvidia tablet is currently the best android tablet to have for the P3.

Thanks flyNfrank, I didn't think to try the app optimisation thingy. Great video by the way , what program do you use for the overlay?

Thanks flyNfrank, I didn't think to try the app optimisation thingy. Great video by the way , what program do you use for the overlay?

That would be Dashware.

Where do you set this?

So reading this thread it seems that the Nvidia Shield K1 is very good to be used with the P3P. I have a Galaxy Note 4 and there is a lot of lag, nearly a 1 second. I then connect my Samsung S5 and it is like there is no lag at all, but the screen is too small.

So I am thinking to upgrade for a Shield K1. Should I wait for something (tablet) else or go for the shield K1?

Has anyone tried using headplays out of the HDMI port of the K1? How does it compare quality wise to the DJI HDMI output module?

Go into your settings, and scroll down to 'about tablet'. Click on it then click Build number either 5 or 7 times (it will count down your clicks). Once done, you've enabled developer options. The click to go back and there will be an option called developer options. Click on it and make sure that usb debugging is not enabled. That's it!
would you believe that when i got to the usb debugging it was already turned off?
thx Don

Reactions: Wacker2611
So reading this thread it seems that the Nvidia Shield K1 is very good to be used with the P3P. I have a Galaxy Note 4 and there is a lot of lag, nearly a 1 second. I then connect my Samsung S5 and it is like there is no lag at all, but the screen is too small.

So I am thinking to upgrade for a Shield K1. Should I wait for something (tablet) else or go for the shield K1?
Go for it! It's the best. Especially for this price.

Reactions: salibaj
Who has this tablet readily available? I've been checking Best Buys website and they keep changing the available date. I have been using the Samsung Tab 4 7", it has quite a bit of lag. I kind of stumbled upon the K1 after reading about its older brother. Iam impressed with the proceccing power for the money. I can only hope the battery issues have been fixed.

B H camera had some that is where i got mine.
give them a try.

Would you have the time to explain how to apply most of the power to one app? Thanks AL

Who has this tablet readily available? I've been checking Best Buys website and they keep changing the available date. I have been using the Samsung Tab 4 7", it has quite a bit of lag. I kind of stumbled upon the K1 after reading about its older brother. Iam impressed with the proceccing power for the money. I can only hope the battery issues have been fixed.

Newegg has the K1 in stock. Download their mobile app and sign up for a 3 month free trial of their premier service to get free shipping.

Reactions: NCFlyGuy

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik