Nvidia K1 Shield Without Data

Reaction score
I am currently using a Samsung Tablet that works pretty good just not great. I see there is a lot of interest in the NVidia K1 Shield. My question is since it is wifi only how well does it work when out on location and unable to down load maps for that area?

I use it and love it. I just load up the maps of the area before I head out. I believe that if you're able to tether to your phone, you could use it to create a wifi spot and download maps as well. I was grandfathered into AT&T's unlimited data plan, so I'm unable to do so.

I am currently using a Samsung Tablet that works pretty good just not great. I see there is a lot of interest in the NVidia K1 Shield. My question is since it is wifi only how well does it work when out on location and unable to down load maps for that area?

has never been an issue for me ,
but I do have the area pre cached and if going somewhere far very simple to do as well.
then again I don't sent mine off to the farthest possible point either

good luck and have fun flying!

Ok thanks for all the info. Now for the next dumb question. How do I cache the maps?

Open your App when connected to Wifi and open the Map view. Scroll/zoom to the area you are going to fly in so that the maps for that area load and they are stored in cache and you can view offline.

new here also. Why do I want maps in my cache. I just got my new shield today. Is the map view in the dji go app?? where is this?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers