Nvidia K1 repair?

Reaction score
I've bricked my Nvidia shield K1. Where can I send it for repair (preferably in Canada)
Searched Nvidia site, here, google, no joy.

I like to think I'm pretty good with Android devices, so I'll bite.

How did you brick your tablet?
What have you done to try and fix it?

Tried reset to factory, it stuck on Nvidia logo, then I was able to download (wifi) Chrome (worked). Tried to download DJI GO 2.81 (jogjasky.com/go-download-app) but it only DL's part of the file & says won't open (several times). Do I need to do anything else before I start to reload app's?
Thanks (I hope) :)

If you did a factory reset, and now it's working, but you can't complete a download, that's usually bc of Google Play Services. It should automatically update after a bit of time, but if it doesn't then you can search for it in the Play Store and see if there is an update for it.

Hope that helps.

Ive recently taken my Shield tablet back to Marshmallow from Nougat, and if you install Go app 3.1.2 it wont do anything and tell you to update (serious bug I remember reading). But installing a version either side of this should be ok.

Unless DJI repealed it, GO 3 older than 3.1.2 will force you to upgrade past 3.1.2 unless you do some fancy work with files or block app from contacting DJI.

My DJI GO 2.81 worked perfectly last fall, so I wanted to get that (no google map issue). My K1 tablet says Android 7, s-ware 5.1. Izzat my prob? Do I haft'a go with the latest s-ware? That's scary. :)
thanks for the replies!

Look for posts about blocking upgrades on androids. The forced upgrade started mid February.

OK on the blocking upgrades, always done that.
After much frigging around, I got DJI GO loaded, but it won't connect. Opening screen I can select the P3A, but nothing else. RC & AC on & connected, but no GO, no camera view, can't do anything. Anybody have an idea what's wrong?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.