Now got the DJI rc ,but now.......whuh!?!?!?

Reaction score
F550 Flamewheel with DJI DT7 TX,DR16RX.
Can't get the motors to arm/start. All connections are correct. CSC performed , all updates appear to have been done as assistant sez "no updates" when checking for them. But the question I have now, is, in the assistant software, the throttle channel was showing reversed. I set it to normal ,so it now goes from -1000 at bottom of throttle travel ,to 1000 at topend . That correct? I figure it ought to be, but if I'm wrong , I'll graciously accept correction !

Forget all the above.....set the throttle channel to normal rather than reverse , and off it went. Nearly crapped me panties, did NOT expect anything this time , either ! . Did some update to assistant , first, but had already tried swopping the throttle channel form norm to rev with no result. Anyhoo ...sorted . Now for a brief hop in the back yard . Had to dig out the old XP machine to run this lot, as Assistant does'nt play with W10-64 at all . A most royal PITA , but , well , there yer go.

EDIT . Yes , I DID remove the props !!I'm not that silly. Or am I..............

Last edited:
I'm trying to get as much information possible before I start purchasing my F550 equipment. What camera you have decide to use?

I would like to use a camera for other excursions, so I'm looking at the GoPro cameras. I really like the hero5

Thanks,
John

No camera ,not yet,anyway. I have a FlycamOne , which is quite old by today's standards ,but will give me 720P , which is good enough for my needs. No wireless transmission or anything , just video recording. It will mount easily to any gimbal ,should I choose to fit one . I suppose I'll have options , camera-wise , and hopefully will be able to lift a decent load , like a DSLR , but given the capabilities of GoPro's and their clones , it likely is'nt necessary. Doubt you'll go far wrong with an " action cam" ,tho' . I must recomment the DJI radio combo for ease of install and setup , but any radio ought to work well . Once you've set one up , you know what you're doing , and it gets easier.

DT7 , DT 16 . The Tx with the internal Li-Po , the Rx with an external case ,not the caseless one intended to go inside a Phantom ,although that works ,too . The receiver is very small and slim ,and only has a 3- strand servo cable , but with plugs at each end , rather than a socket/plug combo as a normal extension lead , to connect to the Naza. Then all there is to do ,is fire up the assistant prog ,, set all channels to "normal" , and check the channel mid-points are where they should be . Dead easy . Mine cost £100 , but make sure itse the one with the Li-Po and the thumbwheel at the upper left corner of The Tx ,as it's better all-round. Quick to charge and fingertip gimbal control . Sometimes listed as a V2. Most images , when Googling for the combo show the earlier Tx as supplied for Phantom 1 and 2. The way to tell 'em apart is the one you wnt has 4 power led's on the Tx , older one has only one.

Ok. Thanks

I'm trying to bid for GoPro hero 4 black on eBay. If I get it then I will search for a H4-3D gimbal.

Even I don't have my F550 kit, I can use the camera for our vacation next month.

Yeah . A fellow needs a vacation , drone stuff will be there when you get back ! As you say , the camera will always be useful . and ready-made to drop right into a gimbal of your choice. What's not to like? I don't have any experience of gimbal and IOSD fitting , and all the FPV stuff , as most of my birds are Phanoms of one kind or another ,but if you need anything further on the F550 , shout out ,y'hear?!

It needs a .....

gripple.jpg

Attachments

• gripple.jpg
    gripple.jpg
    290 KB · Views: 325

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members