Seems like a DJI go prob, but do you know better (please).

Reaction score
So for one reason or another I've not flown my fab P4 for a while, or indeed flown anything (missed it like crazy). I've updated everything that said it needed it, I've flown the P4 a couple of time on Litchi missions I made up to get back into the swing of things, no probs at all.

This morning I checked via DJI Assistant 2 and it said my firmware was not the latest so I loaded it up. It's worth saying here that I've not really had any real probs with updating software for the P4. After I flew a short Litchi flight, no probs, I thought I've not flown DJI Go for some time so I'll do that too, just to kick some of the rust off me. Bad Move Hmmm. I could not go any higher than 152ft from t/o and about 200 ft or so distance. I checked the settings to see if they had automatically be set on the updates, nothing there but I set the max distance to 3000 anyway and tried again, same restrictions on height and distance (beginner mode is OFF to). Flew again with Litchi (free flying) no probs. Now I don't have a lot of hair now anyway so to save me tearing the little I have out does anyone know how to get over this please? Yes I can still fly with the Litchi prog but something is not correct and that not a good thing with ANY flying machine I'm sure you will agree.

Yes done that before the flight
But have you signed out of your DJI account and then signed back in?
Here's how to properly sign out.
i-9xNNGkN-X3.jpg

I'll go through that tomorrow thanks Meta4.

I tried again this morning after the re-install and DJI go did not register the 'Home Point' (odd), I flew with Litchi and no prob. Tried again with DJI Go and same thing, no home point reg, I flew a bit and tried RTH but naturally it did not have anywhere to go so I brought it back manually.

Scratching my head a bit. now down to the skin now Ha Ha!

I don't mind using LItchi, I like it, but some thing is not right here, would you not agree?

I'll go through that tomorrow thanks Meta4.

I tried again this morning after the re-install and DJI go did not register the 'Home Point' (odd), I flew with Litchi and no prob. Tried again with DJI Go and same thing, no home point reg, I flew a bit and tried RTH but naturally it did not have anywhere to go so I brought it back manually.

Scratching my head a bit. now down to the skin now Ha Ha!

I don't mind using LItchi, I like it, but some thing is not right here, would you not agree?
If you had gps the phantom would have recorded a home point.
Any doubts and it's easy to check the recorded data.

Hi Mets4, Litchi registered Home Point but DJI Go did not.

Hi ravedog, I've done that but I'll do it again.

Thanks for your comments.

Hi Mets4, Litchi registered Home Point but DJI Go did not.
How can you tell that DJI Go did not register the home point?
I'd be more than surprised if it didn't.
The homepoint is recorded by the Phantom, not the app.
Post your data from that flight and I'll be able to confirm one way of the other very quickly.
It might even give some clues about the restricted distance?

Go to DJI Flight Log Viewer - Phantom Help
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.
Come back and post a link to the report it gives you.

Reactions: Sky Pirate
Hi meta4,

Thank you for your interest it this.

As I mentioned flying with the Litchi prog posed no problem. When I flew a few minutes previous using dji go4 the first thing that I noticed was missing was that there was no homepoint shown on the screen or any confirmation of the homepoint made (clear sky with loads of sats above me). Having flown from this area just outside my house many many times I thought I knew what to expect. I piloted a short flight around the immediate area and because of the lack of a home point I thought I would do a RTH to see what happened. I hovered the aircraft about 175 feet west of t/o (also it was the t/o area that would have been registered as the homepoint). and at about 100ft above the t/o point. I tried to initiate a RTH three times in the next few minutes (which I have done a number of times) and absolutely nothing happened at all, the P4 just sat there, steady as a rock. So I then flew it to the t/o point and landed it. following that flight I flew again with Litchi (not an auto flight), home registered clearly on the screen RTH perfectly. I've not flown with DJI go4 for a while and think maybe I've missed something, but as I said it was fine with Litchi.

I've now un-installed DJI Go4 again and re-installed another d/load of it and will try it tomorrow. I'll keep the result posted here, even if it is me being dumb about something as it may help someone else.

When I flew a few minutes previous using dji go4 the first thing that I noticed was missing was that there was no homepoint shown on the screen or any confirmation of the homepoint made (clear sky with loads of sats above me).
I'm still not convinced.
If the Phantom records a homepoint in Litchi, it will record a homepoint with any other app because the app as nothing to do with recording the homepoint.
There are a few ways to confirm whether a home point was recorded and you haven't mentioned any of them.
Flight data is the obvious one.
If your Phantom has GPS, you have a home point.
If you see a distance showing at the bottom of your screen, that's the distance from the home point.
I very much doubt that you could fly with GPS and not have a home point.
There will be another explanation for the RTH issue and the flight data is the way to investigate that too.

Reactions: Sky Pirate
Hi meta4,

I appreciate you have far more knowledge about these things than I will ever have but I can only tell it as it is or was (or maybe as I saw it).

The distances I mentioned in my previous posts were my estimations, not figures from the screen (being a pilot in another life a while ago I have a reasonable idea about these distances).

It also appears that my recent troublesome trial flights with DJI Go4 were not recorded, if they were it was only partially (comparatively seconds). The Litchi flight was there though.

Before making any adjustments today I tried this morning to put the homepoint in manually (three times) but it told me it did not register.

The map area was clear, no map of any sort, not checker board, just black, and I also had a message come up when trying to get over this saying google maps had stopped working. Then after that every-time I tried to go into Litchi it loaded DJI even after I'd shut it down and later an eventual 'force kill' on DJI Go4.

Anyway not to be beaten I've re-installed both the DJI Go 4 and Litchi. I've only had time to test the DJI but it now seems to be ok, even on RTH and RTH by tx loss (switch it off). The P4 landed within 6 inches of its departure point. I feel a bit happier but concerned as to just what it was.

I'll check the log for today and see what is there.

Thanks again for your input and I hope I'm the only one to get this (and over it).

Before making any adjustments today I tried this morning to put the homepoint in manually (three times) but it told me it did not register.

The map area was clear, no map of any sort, not checker board, just black, and I also had a message come up when trying to get over this saying google maps had stopped working.
Neither of these is an indication that the homepoint was not recorded.
If you had GPS, you almost certainly had a homepoint recorded.
The Phantom automatically records a homepoint as soon as it gets a GPS fix.
This is independent of whatever app is running.
Then after that every-time I tried to go into Litchi it loaded DJI even after I'd shut it down and later an eventual 'force kill' on DJI Go4.
That sounds like you need to clear the defaults in Android.
Here's how to do that from Litchi's Help.
If you have another app (such as DJI Go) set as the default for the remote controller USB connection, you will need to clear the defaults for that app in your mobile device (Settings - Apps - DJI Go (or other app name) - Clear Defaults). Please note that with Android 6+, some devices automatically set the app you start as default, so this step needs to be done everytime you want to switch app (for example from DJI Go to Litchi and vice versa)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1