Notice from DJI on the status of DJI Go4

Reaction score
Just received this email:

Dear DJI Customers:

We recently announced the Phantom 4 Pro, a powerful and intelligent aerial imaging platform for photographers, video creators and hobbyists. We want to take this opportunity to thank our customers and also provide an update on the shipment status and the app availability.

The Phantom 4 Pro, with many newly-added intelligent features, will work with the new ‘DJI Go 4’ mobile app. The Android version of the app is now available on Google Play and the iOS version will be made available on App Store within the first half of December.

In addition, we've started shipping the product to different channels including our Flagship Stores, online customers and dealer partners, so we hope to have you up in the air with the Phantom 4 Pro very soon.

Sincerely,

DJI

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Maybe not entirely DJI's fault...IOS apps have to go through Apple's certification process before they allow them to be put in the App Store, and that can delay things.

I know! Drives me crazy.
Sarcasm: So look at your bird and be happy we let you have it. Some day we may even let you fly it. OMG!

I just installed 4.0, looks good, I'll try it out after I get my orders out today. It looks like 4.0 may only be compatible with P4P, Mavic and I2 though, they may have left all the P3's and Inspire 1 out of this version.

Moderator, I now see this is a duplicate post, close, remove or let it stand, please take the action you think is best for forum.
Cheers

Reactions: dirkclod
More than likely the Android Go4 got pushed out sooner as the P4 Pro+ with their LCD screen uses Android OS for the screen.

So wait for the iOS version in a week or so, plus maybe Apple's approval which seems to be more stringent than Android (Which often doesn't work right!).

Man there's gonna be a lot of pissed P4P owners here in a week or so if they don't get this IOS version out right away! Including me! LOL

Man there's gonna be a lot of pissed P4P owners here in a week or so if they don't get this IOS version out right away! Including me! LOL
Take it from me, having both written flight software for real airplanes, (F-18 and AV8B Harrier) and managed software development organizations, you are better to wait. Software certification is sometimes tricky. Many times we have had everyone but the President howling like a pack of rabid wolves and a quirky new bug shows up at the last minute. There was always that cartoon around of a delivery truck with a screen and keyboard on the rear bumper.

And if you want to sharpen your leadership skills, try getting it across to a room full of software types that there is some sort of urgency involved. Our little toys do not drop bombs or have 20mm guns, but we would be even more vocal if the software got out into the wild with a major flaw.

Makes me glad I ordered the Plus ;)
I may consider buying the built in monitor RC, if it's that good. Going to watch some more detailed reviews on it. Or wait for crystalsky. Time will tell.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic