Not sure why I got this message...

Reaction score
a0adca25ce591f940020d22fbae52ab6.jpg

It didn't actually affect the range at all, but should I be worried? I restarted it multiple times & got the same error message.

Reactions: bender
Check out this post for more details on fixing this issue.

Reactions: BigAl07

It didn't actually affect the range at all, but should I be worried? I restarted it multiple times & got the same error message.
I find it interesting that you got a message saying that your range has been restricted yet as you noted your range was not impacted at all. Plus, you are on the ground. There are people posting here on the forum asking why there is no warning that range has been restricted until they are in flight and hit the limits.

Folks who've already replied in this thread:
Are you all saying that this message under these circumstances is normal for everyone who's updated and that its not something new and strange? I'm just curious. I haven't updated my Phantoms in a long time so I can't check this myself.

Last edited:
Reactions: Apilot101
I find it interesting that you got a message saying that your range has been restricted yet as you noted your range was not impacted at all. Plus, you are on the ground. There are people posting here on the forum asking why there is no warning that range has been restricted until they are in flight and hit the limits.

I haven't updated my Phantoms in a long time so I can't check this myself. Are the folks who've replied in this thread saying that this message under these circumstances is normal for everyone who's updated and that its not something new and strange? I'm just curious.

I'll try logging into the app like people said but I'm still on firmware 1.8 so this is kinda weird

I think this may be an issue in the latest app version where it thinks your quad is on the latest firmware which will limit height/distance. Just a thought

Reactions: Oso
i get the same exact popup as soon as the rotors are started.

With a current ipad, this is new since the last app update. Any prior ipad versions of the app previously worked fine with drone firmware as when purchased december 2015; this popup is new for me with 3.3.15.

discussed with dji. it repeatedly happens despite deleting/reinstalling the app, logging in / out, resyncing of the controller, calibrating, altering the startup sequence, etc.

dji has offered no solutions.

so i tried a flight today having closed the popup; and i was not restricted to the stated range limits, though there was a second popup of the same during the flight, and i thereafter experienced my first in-flight disconnect I've ever since december 2015.
I was able to reestablish contact and land it, thankfully, though i consider this a new safety issue.

interestingly, two other older unused ipads, which i now consider gold, have earlier ver 2.x dji go apps ( which i will not be updating or turning wifi on with...) with which i do not get this popup.

i suspect this is dji nannystate disallowing communications of a newer, restrictive app with older drone firmware.

DJI has managed to turn this into a software debacle; is there any other drone manufacturer offering less restrictive manual control of flight apps, like DJI of 2015 ?

Today I tried the different methods of dealing with the 30m 50m error message. I deleted the Go4 app and downloaded it again. I logged out of the app, and logged back in. Checked and made sure I wasn't in beginner mode, started the app after the drone and controller were on. Still got the error message, so I went out and flew beyond the limits, no problems. So for me ignoring the error message worked.

Today I tried the different methods of dealing with the 30m 50m error message. I deleted the Go4 app and downloaded it again. I logged out of the app, and logged back in. Checked and made sure I wasn't in beginner mode, started the app after the drone and controller were on. Still got the error message, so I went out and flew beyond the limits, no problems. So for me ignoring the error message worked.

did what you did on my p3p.. i don't get the error message, it just stopps the bird like in beginner mode...do i have to log in everytime i want to fly?

Sounds like you need to update and/or log into your DJI Account. This incident has happened to me prior to two software updates ago, hope this helps.

I see it as more of an annoyance, pops up on me sometimes ,i just clear it and carry on .
As for updating i havnt and wont as the Drone all works as it should,

The Dji Go auto updated. If you havent updated the firmware no worries,just x it out and you are good to go.
i get the same exact popup as soon as the rotors are started.

With a current ipad, this is new since the last app update. Any prior ipad versions of the app previously worked fine with drone firmware as when purchased december 2015; this popup is new for me with 3.3.15.

discussed with dji. it repeatedly happens despite deleting/reinstalling the app, logging in / out, resyncing of the controller, calibrating, altering the startup sequence, etc.

dji has offered no solutions.

so i tried a flight today having closed the popup; and i was not restricted to the stated range limits, though there was a second popup of the same during the flight, and i thereafter experienced my first in-flight disconnect I've ever since december 2015.
I was able to reestablish contact and land it, thankfully, though i consider this a new safety issue.

interestingly, two other older unused ipads, which i now consider gold, have earlier ver 2.x dji go apps ( which i will not be updating or turning wifi on with...) with which i do not get this popup.

i suspect this is dji nannystate disallowing communications of a newer, restrictive app with older drone firmware.

DJI has managed to turn this into a software debacle; is there any other drone manufacturer offering less restrictive manual control of flight apps, like DJI of 2015 ?

I see it as more of an annoyance, pops up on me sometimes ,i just clear it and carry on .
As for updating i havnt and wont as the Drone all works as it should,

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1