Not Quite a Flyaway.. But it still ruined my day....

Hey all,
Just my 2 cents.....always make sure your batteries are tight in the controller.
you tube video!!

good luck

Radar

my recommendation is to ditch the prop guards and catch it... probably has nothing to do with your crash, but this same thing happened to me... i don't use the prop guards anymore and i've had no problems..

SkysTheLimit said:
Since the mishap I didn't want to be totally grounded... So I waited a few days, dried my tears and put it back together.. Just needed a little tlc...

Fixed the legs, took off the prop guards, attached my GoPro without a gimble and gave it a nice coat of black paint...

I've been flying it for weeks without any mishaps.. Its not the same without all the fun PV2+ Features and FPV but I might have another one on the way.... lol..

there is hope for you.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIY7M8l ... e=youtu.be
:)

mustangboxer said:
The same thing happened to me today. The camera came off the gimbal and tore the ribbon cable - How did you fix?

Didn't fix...removed that setup and put my GoPro on instead.. The cable isn't available yet..

srandall25 said:
my recommendation is to ditch the prop guards and catch it... probably has nothing to do with your crash, but this same thing happened to me... i don't use the prop guards anymore and i've had no problems..

yeah.. i don't think im going to use them anymore..

just made a new thread.. seems its not vortex directly.. maybe the glitch i experienced sent me into that vortex ring scenario...

I love the black on your phantom. Do you find it any easier to see against the blue sky vs. the white?

srandall25 said:
I love the black on your phantom. Do you find it any easier to see against the blue sky vs. the white?

Thanks Randall! It being black its SO much easier to spot in the sky.... and I think its a better look as well...

I always wished they would have offered a black model, with a black controller setup too. Ever notice how dirty the white gets unless you regularly wipe it down?

Dirty Bird said:
I always wished they would have offered a black model, with a black controller setup too. Ever notice how dirty the white gets unless you regularly wipe it down?

yeah... and I made the mistake once of landing it in tall grass and mowing the lawn with it... Those green grass stains... ugh..

SkysTheLimit said:
srandall25 said:

Thanks Randall! It being black its SO much easier to spot in the sky.... and I think its a better look as well...
dude you may have just convinced me to paint mine... I like the flat powder coat black personally... is yours a powder coat or flat black? can you share exactly what you used and how happy you with the outcome?

IMHO almost certainly the winds from the courtyard block you were flying near. It is a well known flying phenomenon glider pilots would know all about it. Very good effect however could have been the first scene of a movie !

srandall25 said:
SkysTheLimit said:
srandall25 said:

dude you may have just convinced me to paint mine... I like the flat powder coat black personally... is yours a powder coat or flat black? can you share exactly what you used and how happy you with the outcome?

I used "Krylon Fusion 12 oz Spray Paint" in the Black Satin color. I chose the satin because it still has a little shine to it. The Flat or Matte colors look a little to unfinished for me on this type of application.. A exotic car can better pull off the Matte look, lol....

Just do the surface prep and tape everything off with the blue painters tape.. the more attention to put into the prep the happier you will be with the outcome!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31