Not my original P4

Reaction score
After being quoted a repair price from DJI I have noticed on the return shipping UPS invoice a different serial number to my original drone. After contacting them their reply was as below. I assume this is normal practice from them although I'm not happy about it. My drone should be back with me on Friday. Apart from attaching the drone to the controller is there anything else I should do before taking it out on a test flight
489a9b5c1ebdc3632c170ed9cffac3a8.jpg
3e4eb04953c63d9597e7f2c148ab4986.jpg
Thanks. Mark.

Normal practice. It's far cheaper and faster for dji to replace than repair.

Pretty typical from what I have seen around. What you will most likely get is a refurb unit. And about the only thing you need to do is cross your fingers that they flight tested that one.

Try to find a Repair Facility that can work on DJI products and kiss the warranty goodbye, if you want YOUR Original Bird back. DJI rarely returns the bird you sent in for repairs

Yep and don't for one minute that your drone has not been repaired. They will fix it, probably with less parts than they quoted you and pass it off to someone else, unsuspecting of course. They did me the same exact way except they sent me a new one to shut me up after a month of trying to get them to tell why mine flipped over and flew inverted into the ground from 200 feet! Mine was also supposed to have been flight tested before shipping to me but they had removed the four retainer springs on each motor mount so connecting the propellers was impossible. It took another five (5) weeks to get them shipped to me, by regular mail no less. Don't trust DJI service for anything! They had rather lie to you when telling the truth would be easier and quicker!
Good luck, check it out 100% before you fly it.
Jim
WA5TEF

Today my P4 was returned. Not my original but what appears to be a new one. The only moan I have is that they never put on a gimbal guard. Ok so I never sent them mine, as the camera was snapped off and I therefore forgot. After the amount I paid for the so called repairs I would have pay d for one. Linked up the controller and had to do an RC update and no fly zone update but cannot test it properly today due to bad weather. [emoji24]

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl