Not my drone

Reaction score
Received my drone from DJI repair last night Opened it up today and much to my surprise it’s not my drone Got to be honest with you my heart sunk first thing I noticed was my registration is gone My phantom for pro had a little over two hours on it I don’t know if this one is new or refurbished Has this happened to anyone else Else what should I do

Received my drone from DJI repair last night Opened it up today and much to my surprise it’s not my drone Got to be honest with you my heart sunk first thing I noticed was my registration is gone My phantom for pro had a little over two hours on it I don’t know if this one is new or refurbished Has this happened to anyone else Else what should I do
It is very common for DJI to return a new or refurbished drone.

What we usually suggest people do when they get back a different AC is to link RC/AC, check which FW version they now have on their returned AC, as well as verify the settings which are saved on the AC.

Last edited:
Serial number may provide a clue as to what it is. An r in the serial number sequence and its position in that sequence should help with that question. The r position is claimed to be somewhere in the last 5 or 6th position for a refurbished product per DJI.
What aircraft are you dealing with?

Serial number may provide a clue as to what it is. An r in the serial number sequence and its position in that sequence should help with that question. The r position is claimed to be somewhere in the last 5 or 6th position for a refurbished product per DJI.
What aircraft are you dealing with?
Thanks phantom 4 pro that needed very little repair I'm really not happy you think they would give you a choice especially when parts were less than 100.00 to replace

Not sure if I'm looking in the right place but if it's inside where I put my battery there's no r

I don't get most of these answers. Just ask DJI what they did. Was it a replacement and they never told you? They do not communicate very well, so you have to hound them.

Reactions: Jim Canada
Something like bringing your car to the garage for repairs and they decide to give you another car instead of repairing it
They gave you a new drone to give you a fast turnaround and you want to complain about it?
The garage isn't going to do that with your car.

Reactions: cneedelman and Oso
What does it really matter if the drone works and is 100% refurbished? Just trying to understand your concern.
What does it really matter?? Think about what you’re saying man. You buy a drone, you know it’s history, you know exactly how it’s been cared for. Of course he’s not happy about not getting his personal drone back. He doesn’t know the history of this one now. If he finds out it’s refurbished he should be upset especially if he wasn’t made aware. All he wants is proper communication.

They gave you a new drone to give you a fast turnaround and you want to complain about it?
The garage isn't going to do that with your car.
He didn't say it was new, even if it was. I know sometimes they do that, or a refurbished (kinda new).

Scream first
Deep breath
Got no choice but acept it,,,,,but yeh gota go through and gain that trust again which takes a while for some, on my 2nd p4 and this one just doesn't seem the same as my other and I never push this one,its like getting a new wife in the mail and you dont know what to say to the old one lol,
Good luck and try enjoy

My ps4 obvision was my pride and joy only used in my yard it's something I will never afford to buy again.and I sent it in for repair not replace. it needed very little repair they even charged me for props I didn't need why didn't I have the option to repair I would never trust them again and I don't know if this is new or refurbished this is very disturbing

Reactions: Jim Canada
If it's new I'm definitely not complaining But let me know it's not supposed to be a surprise
It shouldn't be a surprise, their service conditions state:
Maintenance of defective products is limited to repair or replacement at DJI’s discretion.

It's no big deal.
This is the way they work and many users have had no worries with it.
Perhaps you should wait until you have something real to complain about.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31