Not hovering at specific altitude

srandall25 said:
ResevorDG said:
My understanding of DJIs response time is that it was bad while the US operations were being litigiously revamped but now they have an office in CA so things are better? I could be wrong about that.
Well I have submitted a couple support questions over a week ago, and the other day i waited on their support line for over two hours. I started out as number 42 in line. I called the day prior and was 32 in line... Clearly they're either swamped or under staffed for the increased support needed for their latest Vision+... I'm hoping it's just because of the recent release but they really should increase their support staff for the time being..

Well that stinks. Sorry to hear that.

Another rout is to talk to the vendor. If you bought from amazon or an amazon affiliate, those affiliates take the feedback rating system very seriously. Too many complaints and amazon will kick then off the web page.

ResevorDG said:
srandall25 said:
ResevorDG said:
My understanding of DJIs response time is that it was bad while the US operations were being litigiously revamped but now they have an office in CA so things are better? I could be wrong about that.
Well I have submitted a couple support questions over a week ago, and the other day i waited on their support line for over two hours. I started out as number 42 in line. I called the day prior and was 32 in line... Clearly they're either swamped or under staffed for the increased support needed for their latest Vision+... I'm hoping it's just because of the recent release but they really should increase their support staff for the time being..

Well that stinks. Sorry to hear that.

Another rout is to talk to the vendor. If you bought from amazon or an amazon affiliate, those affiliates take the feedback rating system very seriously. Too many complaints and amazon will kick then off the web page.

I purchased through DJI direct.

Have you guys been reading the posts regarding using v1.08? There's some who have been getting a better flight experience with the old software. You never know.

Doono said:
Have you guys been reading the posts regarding using v1.08? There's some who have been getting a better flight experience with the old software. You never know.
Someone mentioned that only version 2.0 and higher uses all three axis... need to educate myself more on this.

srandall25 said:
Doono said:
Someone mentioned that only version 2.0 and higher uses all three axis... need to educate myself more on this.

Does anyone know of a spreadsheet with the pros and cons or features added and removed for each software version?

I don't want 3.0 but apart from that I can't decide.

I just had this happen twice today. P2v+ losing altitude at the rate of about 1 foot/second. Happened in two different locations. I did compass calibrations at both locations. Fresh batteries (they've only been recharged 7 times each), 10 satellites, good batteries in transmitter, good props... It's flying well otherwise.

Did you guys having any luck tracking down a solution to this problem?

zghobo said:
I just had this happen twice today. P2v+ losing altitude at the rate of about 1 foot/second. Happened in two different locations. I did compass calibrations at both locations. Fresh batteries (they've only been recharged 7 times each), 10 satellites, good batteries in transmitter, good props... It's flying well otherwise.

Did you guys having any luck tracking down a solution to this problem?

I saw somewhere that you should adjust your vertical gain. Try adding 10% until the problem goes away. :?:

BlackTracer said:
This sounds to me like classic battery is low and trying to auto land. Cause you can give throttle up in this case and it will ascend, but if you let go it will go back to descending. This is how you drain a battery for the every 20 cycle discharge btw.

Do u have another battery to try? Even tho this one says 50% maybe it's faulty and can't deliver power. Maybe.

Hello BlackTracer,

Could you point me to where I can learn more about the '20 cycle discharge' you refer to.

I have flown RC single rotor craft for years (but was 'asbent' for the last year or so) and have never heard of this for LiPos.

There are some other must dos to maintain LiPo health and I believe the combo of DJI's aircraft firmware and charger design address the most important of those.

Thanks in advance,

R. William

I don't have the manual with me right now but if you look closely you will find the verbiage in there about doing this. You are supposed to drain them down to their minimum which is 8% then charge them fully every 20 cycles so says DJI.

Flighttime said:
I was reading over at the P2V board and thought that this may be worth checking out as your problem seems related.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=12569
Thanks Flighttime. That's a handy thread. I checked my IMU and it's within tolerances. I recalibrated anyway though. I noticed yesterday that the altitude was dropping after I reached about 50% battery capacity. I'm going to test that again today to see if it's a consistent issue.

In fairness to the P2V+, this issue could be related to a crash I had last week. I was slow to make the association since it seemed to be flying fine for several flights following - or maybe I was having too much fun to notice.

The same thing happened to me when I first got my P2V+ a few weeks ago. I searched around here to see if anyone else had this problem, but I guess I was using the wrong keywords and thought I was crazy or had a bum P2V+! Anyway, what I noticed was that during regular flight and hovering steady, it would slowly lose altitude. But in Return to Home mode, it would be fine! (in other words, when I wasn't in control of the craft). So I figured it had to be something with the calibration, even though I had calibrated the sticks several times. I did a few more good calibrations, switched over to NAZA mode, and now I'm all good!

BlackTracer said:
I don't have the manual with me right now but if you look closely you will find the verbiage in there about doing this. You are supposed to drain them down to their minimum which is 8% then charge them fully every 20 cycles so says DJI.

Thanks BT.

Like I said I have been absent for a while and wanted to make sure I was up to speed on the evolving technologies.

(No intent to hijack the thread either)

Thanks again.

Cheers!

R. William

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31