Not happy

Reaction score
Just received my sick P2 that was shipped on March 24 for service. It was flying erratic, no control in gps mode and atti. Got it back today and it's just as bad as when I shipped! Dji sent a letter back with the P2 telling me they replaced the GPS in it. So now what? Do I need to sit on the phone for another hour and a half to wait to talk to a service rep? Or should I call my lawyer to start a class action law suit!!
My hobby shop guru told me today that they quit selling the phantom 2 and vision. Nothing but problems!! I'm seeing red now!

Where did you buy it?

What exactly do you mean by "flying erratic, no control.."? Did it not respond to your control input at all, and have you tried anything else before you sent it in?

That's unlucky but I wouldn't go getting lawyers involved just yet. Unfortunately we live in a world where it's easier to just sue someone instead of sorting out the problem rationally.

Trust me if you get a good Phantom they are great fun and I know it may not seem like it now but the majority are working great.

Could it be you live in an area where the compass can't get a good calibration? Maybe it works fine at the DJI repair centre but for some reason can't get good readings where you are? Maybe thats why your local hobby shop is having problems with them?

I'd give DJI one more chance though. I know it must be infuriating, I've been in similar positions myself and it''s easy to overreact but maybe just sleep on it and give them a call tomorrow and explain the situation. See what they can do.

I have 5 drones all running naza and wokong flight controllers. I have built and flown many flights with little to no problems and know these things inside and out.My p2 had 8 charges when I installed the zenmuse and go pro. Fell out of the sky like a rock last 2 flights . After replacing all 4 props and taking off a mangled go pro and zenmuse, I took off again, no power on take off and was uncontrollable. Replaces all 4 motors with t motor anti gravitates ...didn't help. Sent to dji, after 3 weeks they said they flew it with no problems! Really? They upgraded the firmware and said they replaced the gps. They didn't show any details. Flew it today and doing the same thing before I shipped it. Shaking, pitching and yawning out of control. There is no way they flew it without problems. Now I'm getting a battery error in the assist soft ware that pops up for a second. I noticed that one of the cells is 12 mv less than the other 2 cells. Maybe that's the issue. I don't think it's gunna matter where you buy one of these,they are going to send you to dji. I have read many posts on the problems with dji service and units being shipped back to owners still messed up.
I'm giving DJI service another chance and they better not expect another dime from me for shipping. My local rc plane shop quit selling the PHantom 2 because of problems. I would love to here from someone here that has hundreds of flights on a P2 and have had no problems! Maybe that would regain my confidence in this thing. I'm sure I'm in for the long haul to get this thing flying so I can unload it. Better make sure my phone is charge up for the 1 1/2 hr wait on the phone for a service tech.

Ps Joel t
I flew the P2 in atti mod..no gps and it flew like a squirrel on crack! I just flew a 960 tarrot hex from the same spot running naza v2..no problems. I will shoot video this weekend to show the service guys what it's doing. Maybe they will believe me then.

If you bought it from an actual DJI dealer, it's always a good idea to take your problem there first...just send them a quick explanation and a vid of it flying the way you describe. If they can help you (and depending on the circumstance they often can), it'll be quicker than dealing with DJI support, and if they can't, then you'll know right away and can just go through DJI anyway.

The battery connection issue is indeed well known in P2's, but I thought it had largely been addressed with a replacement connector in the batter compartment. That's probably not related to your unstable flying though.

When it crashed the first time (due to the batt) did you open it up and check it out inside? Also, when you sent it to DJI, did you send your controller too or just the Phantom itself?

Justgregg said:
I would love to here from someone here that has hundreds of flights on a P2 and have had no problems! Maybe that would regain my confidence in this thing.

Sorry to hear about your DJI frustrations. FWIW, I have logged hundreds of flights and captured many hours of video and thousands of stills on my P1, two P2s, and the latest P2, using a mix of iOSD mini's, various FPV setups, dozens of batteries, stock radio and Futaba 14SG, Ground Station, 2D and 3D Zenmuse, and multiple Hero 3+ cameras and video transmitters. Only problems have been pilot error. 3D gimbal has some growing pains, but everything to date has generally been a step forward. And virtually every flight has been enjoyable, even a few that didn't end so well.

My two cents...

Kelly

I've flown 80+ flights on my P2 and only experienced one time that it behaved strange. It was right after I rotated the compass like many here to try and solve J hook and drifting (somewhere around flight 60). Flew fine for the first 10min and then as I was bringing it home it acted almost like the radio would lose contact whenever I tried to bring it towards me, 3 times it flew away and then regained control. I hit failsafe the last time to bring it back. Spun the compass back to stock position, calibrated IMU, and did the compass dance after that. No strange behavior since.

Well guys I may have a lemon. The company I bought it from Is a dji dealer and wanted video to show what it's doing. I have bought numerous dji naza units from them and seem to be reputable. Dji was eager to fix it and gave me an RMA number right away. Didn't really see any use in sending back to dealer. I live in Denver co which is a few miles from Cali. But like I posted earlier. I have various quads and hex copters that all run dji flight controllers and have had zero problems.

Justgregg said:
Just received my sick P2 that was shipped on March 24 for service. It was flying erratic, no control in gps mode and atti. Got it back today and it's just as bad as when I shipped! Dji sent a letter back with the P2 telling me they replaced the GPS in it. So now what? Do I need to sit on the phone for another hour and a half to wait to talk to a service rep? Or should I call my lawyer to start a class action law suit!!
My hobby shop guru told me today that they quit selling the phantom 2 and vision. Nothing but problems!! I'm seeing red now!

+1

Justgregg said:
I have 5 drones all running naza and wokong flight controllers. I have built and flown many flights with little to no problems and know these things inside and out.My p2 had 8 charges when I installed the zenmuse and go pro. Fell out of the sky like a rock last 2 flights . After replacing all 4 props and taking off a mangled go pro and zenmuse, I took off again, no power on take off and was uncontrollable. Replaces all 4 motors with t motor anti gravitates ...didn't help. Sent to dji, after 3 weeks they said they flew it with no problems! Really? They upgraded the firmware and said they replaced the gps. They didn't show any details. Flew it today and doing the same thing before I shipped it. Shaking, pitching and yawning out of control. There is no way they flew it without problems. Now I'm getting a battery error in the assist soft ware that pops up for a second. I noticed that one of the cells is 12 mv less than the other 2 cells. Maybe that's the issue. I don't think it's gunna matter where you buy one of these,they are going to send you to dji. I have read many posts on the problems with dji service and units being shipped back to owners still messed up.
I'm giving DJI service another chance and they better not expect another dime from me for shipping. My local rc plane shop quit selling the PHantom 2 because of problems. I would love to here from someone here that has hundreds of flights on a P2 and have had no problems! Maybe that would regain my confidence in this thing. I'm sure I'm in for the long haul to get this thing flying so I can unload it. Better make sure my phone is charge up for the 1 1/2 hr wait on the phone for a service tech.

Wow. That's a terrible experience. I would be furious. FWIW both of mine have been flying fine with no issues other than the j hook. One on firmware 1.8 and the other on 2.0. Good luck to you.

Do you have another battery? Sounds like your battery is bad. There are a number of examples of this. Try another battery to see if that helps.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl