P4 controller not charging

Reaction score
I have had my drone now for 10 months. I have had nothing but successful flights since pulling it out of the box back in late Nov 2016.

I have always checked this forum for issues that may arise. I noticed a lot of issues with the P4 controller not charging? I have watched this since the summer and now it has happened to me?

After upgrading and then downgraded versions I have gotten no where. Controller will not charge at all, I have tried again and again to charge it throughout the day and night and I get nothing. Once I unplug the controller it goes to the beep noise alerting now power.

I have decided to post my experience with dji for a replacement controller. I contacted their customer service via phone and was told there is nothing that can be done after waiting for hours for a rep to pick up??? TERRIBLE!!! I then decided to go on a chat with technical support, more attention to my issue was given by the rep than the customer service number. As stated before it's less than a year old and warranty was verified by dji. I explained what my controller was doing and what steps I took to try to fix it, with the info I have gathered from this forum and YouTube videos. Something must have happened with the firmware update???

The one thing that we all need to know is that these nits were made in CHINA. The replacement units are also from CHINA. It is a shame that with all our technology here in the US, we have to import these from China. These units cost quit a bit, and immediate replacements should be the key. They should be shipping these replacements immediately without having to wait for the damaged goods to arrive before shipping out replacements??? Seeing as dji know these units are faulty, why are these issues handled this way? Once warranty has been verified a replacement should be shipped ASAP??????

So I am waiting for the email from dji, I was told I should receive it with 24-48 hours which started at about 3pm on October 24, 2017. Once received I should be able to ship my unit back (return postage was promised by dji). Within 5-10 business days my replacement should shipped back to me.

I live in the north east, and its leaf changing season. To be without the drone for 3 weeks is not RIGHT! A lot of my money was spent in confidence on this expensive unit to have to wait for a controller for 3 or more weeks?????

My goal is to post a timeline for all to see, and I am sure it will help someone.

If anyone is having controller issues call dji right away before your warranty has passed.

If anyone knows what else I should do please let me know. My goal is to expose these issues out front as again this is not a 5 dollar unit?????

Post a review on their site for that drone. Maybe Amazon too. Reviews don't lie. But be fair- Reviews influence people, so it's ethical to be fair in them.

I have had my drone now for 10 months. I have had nothing but successful flights since pulling it out of the box back in late Nov 2016.

I have always checked this forum for issues that may arise. I noticed a lot of issues with the P4 controller not charging? I have watched this since the summer and now it has happened to me?

After upgrading and then downgraded versions I have gotten no where. Controller will not charge at all, I have tried again and again to charge it throughout the day and night and I get nothing. Once I unplug the controller it goes to the beep noise alerting now power.

I have decided to post my experience with dji for a replacement controller. I contacted their customer service via phone and was told there is nothing that can be done after waiting for hours for a rep to pick up??? TERRIBLE!!! I then decided to go on a chat with technical support, more attention to my issue was given by the rep than the customer service number. As stated before it's less than a year old and warranty was verified by dji. I explained what my controller was doing and what steps I took to try to fix it, with the info I have gathered from this forum and YouTube videos. Something must have happened with the firmware update???

The one thing that we all need to know is that these nits were made in CHINA. The replacement units are also from CHINA. It is a shame that with all our technology here in the US, we have to import these from China. These units cost quit a bit, and immediate replacements should be the key. They should be shipping these replacements immediately without having to wait for the damaged goods to arrive before shipping out replacements??? Seeing as dji know these units are faulty, why are these issues handled this way? Once warranty has been verified a replacement should be shipped ASAP??????

So I am waiting for the email from dji, I was told I should receive it with 24-48 hours which started at about 3pm on October 24, 2017. Once received I should be able to ship my unit back (return postage was promised by dji). Within 5-10 business days my replacement should shipped back to me.

I live in the north east, and its leaf changing season. To be without the drone for 3 weeks is not RIGHT! A lot of my money was spent in confidence on this expensive unit to have to wait for a controller for 3 or more weeks?????

My goal is to post a timeline for all to see, and I am sure it will help someone.

If anyone is having controller issues call dji right away before your warranty has passed.

If anyone knows what else I should do please let me know. My goal is to expose these issues out front as again this is not a 5 dollar unit?????
I had the same issue. After talking with a DJI tech, he sent a label and I sent the controller to DJI. After about two weeks, it came back . I believe it was a replacement, but it works fine. Patience is required with DJI.

You really got to arm yourself with patience when you are dealing with DJI. My new P4A came with bad RC, sent it back to get a wrong one! Sent it again and got right one. 1 month of trouble for brand new device.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers