Not delivering my P3 because of battery issues from DJI

Reaction score
I'm asking where is my new P3 and the dealer calls the distributor. He comes back with it being held up because of battery issues. Ok I would like to see them work out these issues before I take delivery. But is this true or a brush off. Does it mean all the previous orders already out there have defective battery issues? One thought was if in fact there is an issue is it with the battery itself or the manufacturing of the battery?

It sounds like your dealer might have an issue with their stock. There are many authorized DJI dealers have them in stock and ready to ship right now.

Reactions: Brad Vickery
It isn't an issue of defective batteries. DJI was having trouble manufacturing enough batteries for all of the "extra battery" orders they were getting. People that ordered extra batteries back in April are just starting to get them. I don't know which dealer you ordered from, but most of the authorized DJI dealers are receiving regular shipments of the P3 Professional. IF YOU ORDERED THE ADVANCED MODEL: DJI recently put a hold on production of the Advanced model due to overwhelming demand for the Professional. Dealers are at a major shortage of the Advanced model, so if you ordered that, you are in for a bit of a wait. Probably 2-3 weeks. I cancelled my order for the Advanced and ordered the Pro for this very reason.

It isn't an issue of defective batteries. DJI was having trouble manufacturing enough batteries for all of the "extra battery" orders they were getting. People that ordered extra batteries back in April are just starting to get them. I don't know which dealer you ordered from, but most of the authorized DJI dealers are receiving regular shipments of the P3 Professional. IF YOU ORDERED THE ADVANCED MODEL: DJI recently put a hold on production of the Advanced model due to overwhelming demand for the Professional. Dealers are at a major shortage of the Advanced model, so if you ordered that, you are in for a bit of a wait. Probably 2-3 weeks. I cancelled my order for the Advanced and ordered the Pro for this very reason.
Now that is something because I did order the pro model with an extra battery. Thats why I considered it being a manufacturing problem. In the Manufacturing bus unexpected "bottlenecks" occur). If this is the case it accually make me feel better because I would deal with that better than a question battery for all. Thanks for the reply. Please like my post.

Reactions: Icarus
All dealers (including DJI) also shipped the Phantom and extra battery separately so the buyers did not have to wait. That's why I'm suspecting it's an issue with this specific dealer's stock. There are pros aplenty at the moment.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers