noob question

Reaction score
It seems as though when im flying the horizon (trees to sky) is crooked..... I dont believe it was this way the first few days i had it but now a few weeks later I notice it and its annoying....

Im not in FPV....

any advice?>

In the "Gimbal Settings" of the DJI GO app, try doing the Gimbal Auto Calibration. If that does not resolve the issue, then use the Adjust Gimbal Roll feature in that same section of DJI GO to manually adjust the gimbal.

I'd try a fresh IMU calibration and follow that with a gimbal calibration. If it's still not level, do the gimbal adjustment that robin suggested.

Be sure it's not the wind (e.g. flying due north with a west wind will cause the craft to tilt down towards the west as it heads due north).

Guys, this user said "Im not in FPV", which I take it to mean there is no device in the cradle, hence, no DJI Go app.

Am I correct redrum?

If so, you have no further recourse. You cannot adjust settings on your craft without using the app.

There is one method to adjust gimbal roll using just the remote (used to straighten the horizon), but without FPV, you wouldn't see what you were doing.

Chris

Ah, okay. In Follow vs. FPV mode. Got'cha.

I wish they used different terminology for that ...

Edit: In that case, 'fplvert' has the proper response

In the "Gimbal Settings" of the DJI GO app, try doing the Gimbal Auto Calibration. If that does not resolve the issue, then use the Adjust Gimbal Roll feature in that same section of DJI GO to manually adjust the gimbal.

I saw that, how important is it to be on level ground as it suggests?

how important is it to be on level ground as it suggests?
Very important. I'd suggest you get a level out and check the service where you're calibrating.

Yes, use a level. Doing so without is a waste of time and will probably make the issue worse.

And do an IMU calibration first (do it before you warm the craft up for the day), then the Gimbal calibration.

IMU = Inertial Measurement Unit

To adjust:
  1. Go to Main Controller Settings (the first icon in the top bar, about in the middle, just after the aircraft status)
  2. Go to Advanced Settings on that same screen
  3. Go to Sensors
  4. At the bottom of that screen, see Calibrate, Check IMU and IMU Calibration
It is often recommended to do this calibration while the craft and battery is cold, so first thing that day or several hours after a flight. Many people recommend getting it extra cool, sitting outside in winter for 30 minutes, in a cold basement / garage, or even in a fridge for 20 minutes (though there are risks with this). The main point is, never when it's warm just after a flight.

Right after that, do a Gimbal calibration:
  1. Go to Main Controller Settings
  2. Go to Gimbal Settings (the icon down the left side of the main settings that looks like a camera)
  3. Select Gimbal Auto Calibration
Chris

Also, check out this informative video on calibrating the IMU:

I like the video, but have these comments:
  • First off, great speaker. I think it funny that for the first couple of minutes, the camera is just pointed at the bench, but if you look at the reflections, you can see what I think is the speaker making gestures. Cracks me up, that's all.
  • At the start of the video, he says that IMU == Internal Measurement Unit. Is it that, or Inertial Measurement Unit?
  • The menus in the video have changes with DJI Go updates. It's similar, but not 100% the same (Sensors is now under Advanced).
Chris

ok did the calibration but it didnt look any better so i had to set it at -2 (degrees?) in the manual settings for it to look "level"

is this normal?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl