No wifi showing up

I read somewhere on the forum that you need to turn off your data for your phone as this can interfere with the wifi? Do you have the data turned on or off? Or put the phone in aeroplane mode? Just a thought.

I've tried both and it doesn't seem to make any difference. For my PS3 I switch to aeroplane mode and for the P4 I leave everything on to utilise the follow me mode function etc.

Okay tevek, it was a thought and being a newbie and watched millions of youtube vids and do my reading up on this hobbie, I am learning everyday. Good luck with this issue and please report back when you have a fix.

I did at one stage could not get access to the bird from wifi on my phone because I had my data on for google maps? Correct me if I'm wrong, as soon as I turned off data it connected automatically? Was this coincidental? I don't know. I have read on the DJI forum that the two cannot co-exist together, this is not my quote, just only what I have read and just a thought.

I did at one stage could not get access to the bird from wifi on my phone because I had my data on for google maps? Correct me if I'm wrong, as soon as I turned off data it connected automatically? Was this coincidental? I don't know. I have read on the DJI forum that the two cannot co-exist together, this is not my quote, just only what I have read and just a thought.

Not sure how the two are related, maybe coincidence but i have never had problems with my PS3. I turn off data mainly to stop annoying phone calls. I use an iPhone 6+.

most phones /tablets are set to want to find a wifi connection to the internet as a priority.

this allows you to move around and stay connected.
However when using the Phantom standard we DONT want that auto search.
the phantom doesn't provide a internet connection , just a direct wifi to the rc and
because if the signal from drone drops below a threshold
then the phone will reconnect to best internet AP automatically ,
then you have to find and reconnect etc. to the phantom.

Most androids allow you to modify this auto search wifi function.

my simple answer was one I used with my p2 vision plus.
When flying from home I cached maps and killed my router for the flight duration
that way I never had issue with dropping connection when I landed , swapped batteries, etc.

also seemed to help reduce interference without a wifi base station blasting 20 feet away.

good luck and have fun flying

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl