No video live feed but RC & telemetry data working just fine.

I'm Happy to report that Fedex did a Saturday delivery about 2 hours ago. Took some time to reset all my parameters in the GO app but after recharging the battery the first flight was flawless in every way including video feed. No a hint of a whimper, wiggle, stoppage, blank screen----NOTHING but perfect video. Max distance I took her out was a little over 3600 at 400 AGL. Had plenty of room to spare just didn't want to push it. 12 minute flight with 49% left at landing, total flight distance 15000 feet. Gotta say I am very pleased with DJI's service. Less than 3 weeks from my first email and call to my next flight, cost me $zero. I am still crossing my fingers, but I haven't had a flight without some drop out since early September. My two cent suggestion is send it back before the Christmas rush and scads of these things get sent back because of operator error.....
Great news. Is it safe to assume that none of the documentation that arrived today included any mention of what they did to fix the issue?

Last edited:
Great news. Is it safe to assume that none of documentation that arrived today included any mention of what they did to fix the issue?

Yes, you are correct. 1. No documentation accompanied the returned Phantom 2. Despite my request for information, there has been no response from DJI.

Here is a hint though, It does not look like the Phantom or the Transmitter was replaced or opened. The USB port module on the TX is still in the original case (I have unremovable stickers on the Phantom and USB Module of the TX). If they replaced external pieces I would know. (For instance, the USB module could be removed as a unit, repaired and reinstalled, but it could not have been upgraded to a whole new unit). The gold stripes around the arms look just like they did when I sent it in (there are a few slight air bubbles under the right side decals). There is no other evidence of prying the shell apart. If they did, they are VERY good. I suppose they could have upgraded a chipset (or the whole board) inside the TX but I have no idea.

They did upgrade the Drone to FW 1.5.3 but did not do the latest upgrade on the TX (I have not done that yet either) but since people have upgraded and have not solved the problem, I doubt the FW upgrade matters.

At this point I am just super happy to have a flyable Phantom.....

Yes, you are correct. 1. No documentation accompanied the returned Phantom 2. Despite my request for information, there has been no response from DJI.

Here is a hint though, It does not look like the Phantom or the Transmitter was replaced or opened. The USB port module on the TX is still in the original case (I have unremovable stickers on the Phantom and USB Module of the TX). If they replaced external pieces I would know. (For instance, the USB module could be removed as a unit, repaired and reinstalled, but it could not have been upgraded to a whole new unit). The gold stripes around the arms look just like they did when I sent it in (there are a few slight air bubbles under the right side decals). There is no other evidence of prying the shell apart. If they did, they are VERY good. I suppose they could have upgraded a chipset (or the whole board) inside the TX but I have no idea.

They did upgrade the Drone to FW 1.5.3 but did not do the latest upgrade on the TX (I have not done that yet either) but since people have upgraded and have not solved the problem, I doubt the FW upgrade matters.

At this point I am just super happy to have a flyable Phantom.....
Interesting. I'd think that if there were a known issue with the USB modules that they would just replace them completely rather than repair and reinstall the same module. Then they could quickly get it back to customers and repair the original module at their leisure. From what you noted, it wasn't replaced so my guess is they didn't mess with it.

Also, sounds like they didn't get into the Phantom main body. Perhaps they got into the VPS / Lightbridge module or as you noted into the main body of the TX.

It's so frustrating that so many have the issue, DJI fixes it relatively fast so they know the problem, but they won't tell us what's happening.

Which version of the TX do you have, A or B?

Reactions: Jeff48920
Interesting. I'd think that if there were a known issue with the USB modules that they would just replace them completely rather than repair and reinstall the same module. Then they could quickly get it back to customers and repair the original module at their leisure. From what you noted, it wasn't replaced so my guess is they didn't mess with it.

Also, sounds like they didn't get into the Phantom main body. Perhaps they got into the VPS / Lightbridge module or as you noted into the main body of the TX.

It's so frustrating that so many have the issue, DJI fixes it relatively fast so they know the problem, but they won't tell us what's happening.

Which version of the TX do you have, A or B?

I have the A version.

Great info Jeff48920...glad to hear that. Btw...what's the different between A & B?.
Checking all the cables & try to install...still failed. Did'nt touch the vps/lightbridge module.

Attachments

• 1449365869867.jpg
    1449365869867.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 201
I had a similar problem and after trying all the "fixes" with no result, I uninstalled the DJI Go App and reinstalled it and now it works great! Hopefully this works for you as well!
This actually worked for me! I was having the same problem with the P3 Advanced and was skimming the posts here for a possible answer. Yours sounded the easiest enough, so I tried that fix first and voila! It now works fine, I have to test fly it later but it all looks ok now. Thanks a bunch!!

This actually worked for me! I was having the same problem with the P3 Advanced and was skimming the posts here for a possible answer. Yours sounded the easiest enough, so I tried that fix first and voila! It now works fine, I have to test fly it later but it all looks ok now. Thanks a bunch!!

I use other tablet (Lenovo with 4.22 Kit Kat), install fresh DJI Go & reset the camera settings...connect to the drone..NO SIGNAL :( . Fly it for 12 minutes & still no live vid feed. For my last effort...will try to unplug & check cable to VPS/Lightbridge.

Great info Jeff48920...glad to hear that. Btw...what's the different between A & B?.
Checking all the cables & try to install...still failed. Did'nt touch the vps/lightbridge module.
Sometime around mid production,DJI changed the internals on the Transmitter. The early one is the A. You can find out which one you have by checking the model number on the back. It will say 300GL A or B

Reactions: norazmi_0673
Why is everyone upgrading the 5.8 antennas on the pv2?
The 5.8 signal has been tested way beyond the 2.4
I just don't get why all you guys are adding the 5.8 pinwheels please explain ?

OIC...got it..thanks. If only there is service bin file for 1.5.3,it would be good.

I use other tablet (Lenovo with 4.22 Kit Kat), install fresh DJI Go & reset the camera settings...connect to the drone..NO SIGNAL :( . Fly it for 12 minutes & still no live vid feed. For my last effort...will try to unplug & check cable to VPS/Lightbridge.
I hope you find the solution to that sir, it might come in handy in case something like this comes up again and the solution I used wouldnt work.

If only there is service bin file for 1.5.3,it would be good.
Follow the link in this post and you will find that service bin you have asked for several times now. Instructions are there as well. Note that this came out when many were trying to go back to 1.1.9 due to VPS issues and the removal of channels with 1.2.x. When you get to step 3, obviously substitute whichever FW you want in place of the 1.1.9 noted in the instructions.

As always, use at your own risk.
Phantom 3 Professional Firmware v1.5.0030 | Page 7 | DJI Phantom Forum

Last edited:
Follow the link in this post and you will find that service bin you have asked for several times now. Instructions are there as well. Note that this came out when many were trying to go back to 1.1.9 due to VPS issues and the removal of channels with 1.2.x. When you get to step 3, obviously substitute whichever FW you want in place of the 1.1.9 noted in the instructions.

As always, use at your own risk.
Phantom 3 Professional Firmware v1.5.0030 | Page 7 | DJI Phantom Forum

Thank you for the link..
Read the thread, download the file, read the instruction carefully,reformat twice my sdcard, copy fresh download service bin file,100% charge battery,everything ready and put it to the drone...start it.....wait till 2 minutes...nothing happen...???? Try again...still nothing. Connect to dji Go...still 1.4.03 (tried downgrade before)..NO SIGNAL. Try again...still the drone not reading from the sdcard....means no installation for service file. Have i done it wrong??

I hope you find the solution to that sir, it might come in handy in case something like this comes up again and the solution I used wouldnt work.

DJI Support(can't confirm is it a legit DJI or not) send me an email....bout sending it back to them with a strange message..."we will arrange someone to pick the drone from your place"...wow, i smell scam here.

Ok...i unplug the VPS cable & try to regrade to 1.5.03 & downgrade 1.4.01...FAILED (format & reformat sdcard...fresh download 1.5.03 & 1.401). :( Still no signal...no live video feed.

DJI Support(can't confirm is it a legit DJI or not) send me an email....bout sending it back to them with a strange message..."we will arrange someone to pick the drone from your place"...wow, i smell scam here.

Definitely not a standard DJI response. Their usual response include instructions on how to pack and label. This has a real issue. Call this number 818-234-0789 to confirm.

Ok...i unplug the VPS cable & try to regrade to 1.5.03 & downgrade 1.4.01...FAILED (format & reformat sdcard...fresh download 1.5.03 & 1.401). :( Still no signal...no live video feed.

Send it back to DJI for rapair/substitute, it's the best choice. You have some hardware fault.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20