No video live feed but RC & telemetry data working just fine.

#Fourprops - they call it service bin file,to factory reset the drone. I have the file & tried it with no luck (the drone not even read the file). If anybody found it...please share.

#AndrewH - ya...same with me...no signal/no live video feed & everything else working fine.
And i also following the thread.

Last edited:
You have a problem with TI DSP ... mhh probably is fried, or something on the same circuit ... Cable can be responsible.. but you need to change whole cable to test. Better you ask for a repair.

You have a problem with TI DSP ... mhh probably is fried, or something on the same circuit ... Cable can be responsible.. but you need to change whole cable to test. Better you ask for a repair.

Was hoping it's a bug from the firmware. Somone from tha other thread told...try to unplug & replug all cable....and try again to install tha firmware. Maybe we should try it.

No I don't think it is a fw bug. The update firmware log says that "[00041481][08 00][00] device not detected" .. and this is not good news for TI DSP. The fw update logic is directly attached to TI DSP (not cable involved).

i unplugged the gimble / camera, did nothing. my p3p is brand new so im waiting to hear from my seller. if it was a year old it would already be apart lol

i unplugged the gimble / camera, did nothing. my p3p is brand new so im waiting to hear from my seller. if it was a year old it would already be apart lol

From the other group "
Just a quick update in case this happens to anyone else. If you upgrading your firmware and it failes and the gimble light on the front is solid red and it makes a steady tone you are in trouble. If you look in the hidden miscelanous folder you will see a log file. When you open it you will see two errors about devices [15 00] and device [08 00] not detected. I repair facility told me that you have to open the bird and disconnect the ribbon cable (which is glued) and then reconnect and run the update again. I did not want to do this and am returning it for a repalcement".

Lol....i'm holding a screw driver already....

Reactions: AndrewH
No I don't think it is a fw bug. The update firmware log says that "[00041481][08 00][00] device not detected" .. and this is not good news for TI DSP. The fw update logic is directly attached to TI DSP (not cable involved).

P3X_FW_RESULT_AB.txt from my drone:

Reboot the aircraft and try to upgrade the firmware again.Result: Failed.Packet: P3X_FW_V01.05.0030.bin========== 2014.01.01 00:00:14 remo-con disconnect======Reboot the aircraft and try to upgrade the firmware again.Result: Failed.Packet: P3X_FW_V01.05.0030.bin========== 2014.01.01 00:00:14 remo-con disconnect======Reboot the aircraft and try to upgrade the firmware again.Result: Failed.Packet: P3X_FW_V01.05.0030.bin========== 2014.01.01 00:00:15 remo-con disconnect======Reboot the aircraft and try to upgrade the firmware again.Result: Failed.Packet: P3X_FW_V01.05.0030.bin========== 2014.01.01 00:00:14 remo-con disconnect======

Looks like firmware bug....i think so.

Updates from other thread:

6 pin problem.jpg

Last edited:
From the other group "
Just a quick update in case this happens to anyone else. If you upgrading your firmware and it failes and the gimble light on the front is solid red and it makes a steady tone you are in trouble. If you look in the hidden miscelanous folder you will see a log file. When you open it you will see two errors about devices [15 00] and device [08 00] not detected. I repair facility told me that you have to open the bird and disconnect the ribbon cable (which is glued) and then reconnect and run the update again. I did not want to do this and am returning it for a repalcement".

Lol....i'm holding a screw driver already....

This make sense! Anyway.. I still think that the problem is hardware and not a fw bug. It happens in some condition or some board revision.
I would claim for warranty repair...

go norazmi_0673, do it , do it. pull the cover off and take a pic for me. hunt for that 6 pin ribbon cable :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Sasquatch351
I had a similar problem and after trying all the "fixes" with no result, I uninstalled the DJI Go App and reinstalled it and now it works great! Hopefully this works for you as well!

After trying everything that I could do without voiding the warranty, I bit the bullet and sent it back to DJI under warranty. They pay shipping both ways if you ask. I got the RMA and sent it out 3 weeks ago next Tuesday, they received it 5 days later, it was fixed in 5 days, they shipped and Fedex says I'll have it on Monday. 1 day less that a 3 week turnaround is not bad. Hopefully it is fixed. By the way, they won't share what was wrong. My personal guess is a chipset compatibility problem or a hardware issue with the USB port in the controller.

#DroneNewbie - good for you...i've done that & still "no signal". Did your 1.503 update successful? Or is there anything else you do that solved the 'mystery'?

#Jeff48920 - Dji online support promised to contact me...until now,not even an email i receive. If chipset compatiblity,supposed they could fix it with firmware update. If i change RC usb to hdmi upgrade...would it fix the problem??

#DroneNewbie - good for you...i've done that & still "no signal". Did your 1.503 update successful? Or is there anything else you do that solved the 'mystery'?

#Jeff48920 - Dji online support promised to contact me...until now,not even an email i receive. If chipset compatiblity,supposed they could fix it with firmware update. If i change RC usb to hdmi upgrade...would it fix the problem??

I found that dealing with the DJI email assistance can literally take days to a week. What I do is to make the first contact through email ([email protected]) be very specific in the explanation of the problem and the steps you took to resolve it. Include your contact information (address, phone number) when you purchased the Phantom and from whom. Also include the current Firmware and software used as well as all the information about your devices (type of device(s), device firmware and software etc.) Also include the version number of the GO app you are using. ( For your convenience, I pasted my email in below after redacting my personal information)++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
sample email

Products: Phantom 3 Professional
Name:
Shipping Address:
Email:
Dealers: The Copter Shop
Purchase date of product: May 15, 2015 Date delivered: May 23, 2015
Tel:
Subject: Unstable video downlink
Message: FPV live video downlink has been extremely unstable (and at sometimes completely nonfunctional) since September 7, 2015 firmware upgrade. It has continued through all subsequent updates of the P3P, Controller, batteries, GO app and the devices used. At least 50% of the post upgrade flight time with no video (“No Signal” in Red on app). “No Signal” can occur at all distances (whether 5 feet from controller or 1.6 miles from controller). “No Signal” is shown despite the fact that “HD status meter” shows full bars. All other telemetry is stable. Micro SD card video is perfect when downloaded to a computer (no lag, shudder, dropout etc at any setting between 1080 24 to 4K 24).

Backstory: The Phantom 3 Professional was delivered to me on May 23, 2015 and was purchased on-line from the CopterShop in Woodinville, WA. >120 flights and >727,000 feet of flying time. No crashes no hard landings. Flights are generally in uninhabited forests and hill ranges with uninterrupted Line of Sight. The Controller is the “A” model. There have been NO modifications applied to the P3P or controller. The sole add on is a UAVbits Camera Guard. All Firmware upgrades have been applied to the aircraft, controller and the batteries.

Current configuration:

Devices: iPad mini 2 (16gb Wifi/4G) 10GB available and iPhone 6 (16gb wifi/4G) 3 GB available. Both devices are running iOS 9.1.
DJI GO App v 2.4.0
P3P and Batteries firmware v 1.04.001
Controller firmware current as last updated over the air.

Start up procedure

1. Connect Cable to Device
2. Close all running apps on Device and set to Airplane mode
3. Power up the RC only
4. Power up the Phantom and give it a moment to connect to the RC.
5. Open the DJI Go App and enter Camera View.
Select “Trust this computer” if prompted along the way.

Attempts to correct.
1. Replaced USB cable (3 times) (Cambond Apple Compliant .3 meter cables)
2. Deinstalled and reinstalled GO app multiple times
3. Replaced original SD card with 32 GB SanDisk Extreme Pro
4. Channel Selection has been usually set to channel 20 with <100db noise although other channels have been tried without success
5. FPV rate has been lowered all the way to 4
6. Hardware decode set to both on and off (no difference)
7. Clear video cache when needed
8. Video cache set to both “recording” and “disabled” (no difference)
9. IMU, gimbal and compass recalibration after every Firmware update.
10. Multiple cold reboots of the iPhone and iPad.
11. Cleaned Gold contacts on SD card with alcohol.
Please advise me how to proceed.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Wait for the return email assigning you a "ticket number". Next wait about 24 hours to make certain they don't get back to you. Then call U.S. support at 818-234-0789 and give them your ticket number. Tell them you have been waiting. Generally, once they read the ticket, they may ask you a couple of quick questions and issue you an RMA on the spot. Make sure you ask if they would please send a prepaid shipping label. You should get the RMA in a few minutes, the label may take up to 24 hours. Follow their shipping instructions to the letter, including putting the RMA# all over the outside of the shipping box.

Here are just my takes on the chipset and RC USB issues.
1. Chipset. If the chipset was changed during production runs, the newer firmware may not ever be compatible with the chipset and it is unlikely DJI would consider spending the time and effort to make a firmware that works with everything.

2. USB. If it is just the USB port problem, it is likely that changing to the HDMI/USB upgrade module would actually resolve the problem. It is $99 plus shipping, plus the chance of screwing up the install. I was on my last day of warranty when I made my claim and since I don't think I will be needing an HDMI interface, I decided to send it back.

Last edited:
Reactions: norazmi_0673
I found that dealing with the DJI email assistance can literally take days to a week. What I do is to make the first contact through email ([email protected]) be very specific in the explanation of the problem and the steps you took to resolve it. Include your contact information (address, phone number) when you purchased the Phantom and from whom. Also include the current Firmware and software used as well as all the information about your devices (type of device(s), device firmware and software etc.) Also include the version number of the GO app you are using. ( For your convenience, I pasted my email in below after redacting my personal information)++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
sample email

Products: Phantom 3 Professional
Name:
Shipping Address:
Email:
Dealers: The Copter Shop
Purchase date of product: May 15, 2015 Date delivered: May 23, 2015
Tel: 618-924-2159
Subject: Unstable video downlink
Message: FPV live video downlink has been extremely unstable (and at sometimes completely nonfunctional) since September 7, 2015 firmware upgrade. It has continued through all subsequent updates of the P3P, Controller, batteries, GO app and the devices used. At least 50% of the post upgrade flight time with no video (“No Signal” in Red on app). “No Signal” can occur at all distances (whether 5 feet from controller or 1.6 miles from controller). “No Signal” is shown despite the fact that “HD status meter” shows full bars. All other telemetry is stable. Micro SD card video is perfect when downloaded to a computer (no lag, shudder, dropout etc at any setting between 1080 24 to 4K 24).

Backstory: The Phantom 3 Professional was delivered to me on May 23, 2015 and was purchased on-line from the CopterShop in Woodinville, WA. >120 flights and >727,000 feet of flying time. No crashes no hard landings. Flights are generally in uninhabited forests and hill ranges with uninterrupted Line of Sight. The Controller is the “A” model. There have been NO modifications applied to the P3P or controller. The sole add on is a UAVbits Camera Guard. All Firmware upgrades have been applied to the aircraft, controller and the batteries.

Current configuration:

Devices: iPad mini 2 (16gb Wifi/4G) 10GB available and iPhone 6 (16gb wifi/4G) 3 GB available. Both devices are running iOS 9.1.
DJI GO App v 2.4.0
P3P and Batteries firmware v 1.04.001
Controller firmware current as last updated over the air.

Start up procedure

1. Connect Cable to Device
2. Close all running apps on Device and set to Airplane mode
3. Power up the RC only
4. Power up the Phantom and give it a moment to connect to the RC.
5. Open the DJI Go App and enter Camera View.
Select “Trust this computer” if prompted along the way.

Attempts to correct.
1. Replaced USB cable (3 times) (Cambond Apple Compliant .3 meter cables)
2. Deinstalled and reinstalled GO app multiple times
3. Replaced original SD card with 32 GB SanDisk Extreme Pro
4. Channel Selection has been usually set to channel 20 with <100db noise although other channels have been tried without success
5. FPV rate has been lowered all the way to 4
6. Hardware decode set to both on and off (no difference)
7. Clear video cache when needed
8. Video cache set to both “recording” and “disabled” (no difference)
9. IMU, gimbal and compass recalibration after every Firmware update.
10. Multiple cold reboots of the iPhone and iPad.
11. Cleaned Gold contacts on SD card with alcohol.
Please advise me how to proceed.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Wait for the return email assigning you a "ticket number". Next wait about 24 hours to make certain they don't get back to you. Then call U.S. support at 818-234-0789 and give them your ticket number. Tell them you have been waiting. Generally, once they read the ticket, they may ask you a couple of quick questions and issue you an RMA on the spot. Make sure you ask if they would please send a prepaid shipping label. You should get the RMA in a few minutes, the label may take up to 24 hours. Follow their shipping instructions to the letter, including putting the RMA# all over the outside of the shipping box.

Here are just my takes on the chipset and RC USB issues.
1. Chipset. If the chipset was changed during production runs, the newer firmware may not ever be compatible with the chipset and it is unlikely DJI would consider spending the time and effort to make a firmware that works with everything.

2. USB. If it is just the USB port problem, it is likely that changing to the HDMI/USB upgrade module would actually resolve the problem. It is $99 plus shipping, plus the chance of screwing up the install. I was on my last day of warranty when I made my claim and since I don't think I will be needing an HDMI interface, I decided to send it back.

Thank you so much for your quick respond...really appreciate it. I just finish with IMU 'cold' calibration...still 'no signal'. I'll try a few other 'tips' before send it back to DJI. Thank you again.

Thank you so much for your quick respond...really appreciate it. I just finish with IMU 'cold' calibration...still 'no signal'. I'll try a few other 'tips' before send it back to DJI. Thank you again.

Until you have error in the Fw update procedure, you can't go ahead... This clearly indicate a problem on the tx video section.

If you start video recording, the file is created on the sd card?? Is it a valid video mpg file?

Until you have error in the Fw update procedure, you can't go ahead... This clearly indicate a problem on the tx video section.

If you start video recording, the file is created on the sd card?? Is it a valid video mpg file?

I can take picture & video with the remote or DJI go. The file created in jpeg & mp4...i can view it in my laptop.

Reactions: Sasquatch351
I'm Happy to report that Fedex did a Saturday delivery about 2 hours ago. Took some time to reset all my parameters in the GO app but after recharging the battery the first flight was flawless in every way including video feed. No a hint of a whimper, wiggle, stoppage, blank screen----NOTHING but perfect video. Max distance I took her out was a little over 3600 at 400 AGL. Had plenty of room to spare just didn't want to push it. 12 minute flight with 49% left at landing, total flight distance 15000 feet. Gotta say I am very pleased with DJI's service. Less than 3 weeks from my first email and call to my next flight, cost me $zero. I am still crossing my fingers, but I haven't had a flight without some drop out since early September. My two cent suggestion is send it back before the Christmas rush and scads of these things get sent back because of operator error.....

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20