No-Vid/WiFi Module Q's

if your telemetry works and you have no video your WiFi unit WORKS!
it is either a nick in the cable or your actual camera module doesn't work. if your wifi was toast you wouldn't get telemetry on it.

if your telemetry works and you have no video your WiFi unit WORKS!
it is either a nick in the cable or your actual camera module doesn't work. if your wifi was toast you wouldn't get telemetry on it.
Makes sense to me but I sent it away so hopefully DJI figures it out.
I dunno if the camera's bad because it does take pics/vids but it could be a cable I guess. How I dunno because it worked when I stored it away a few months back and didn't when I took it out so I don't know how it got damaged.
DJI's problem now :(

I have exactly the same issue, I moved house and my PV2+ sat in its case for about 3-4 months it was fully working at time. I take it out to try it recently no video but telemetry, even took some stills and video (I saw it later on checking the memory card). I did all the updates etc from DJI and on trying again now I have no telemetry or video ! I have tried iphone, ipad and a nexus 7 and non work with my quad even though it flies ok.
I'm out of warranty also so might try RMA it also based on your posts.

You may want to try this:
No video a member found this.
"One of the flat cables from the camera gimble ends up in a pcb connector at the wifi box (the metal box on the motherboard), I guess this connector was oxidized or something, because right after I wiggled this cable a little at the connector (I actually tried to disconnect it) the preview started working again. It did not stop working when i wiggled it again, so I assembled the drone and took it for a test flight, works without any problems."
http://www.phantompilots.com/attachments/previewfix-png.27680/

Reactions: Farside
I'm away from home atm so I'll try the cable issue when I can first. Here in the UK it's 132 pounds for a new WiFi unit so that would be my last resort option. Thanks for the advice guys

Well I finally got word from DJI.
They fixed it but want $172.00 :eek:
Somehow we skipped the professional "hey it turns out we're not covering the cost... if you would like us to go ahead and fix it for you it will cost you" stage and went right to the pay-up stage. :mad:

Over a year old and that price is not bad. They go for almost that much on eBay used and that's not installing and testing it too. To bad the tech checked the paper work and found it was over a year old. Bummer they don't cover it since their have been some issues with the modules. I guess not enough of them have gone bad to warrant a recall replacment. Oh well you can get her back al ready to go.

Over a year old and that price is not bad. They go for almost that much on eBay used and that's not installing and testing it too.
Yup, that's probably the biggest reason I didn't bother calling them once I read that they want payment. I just paid right away.
It just would've been nice of them to ask if I wanted the work done before ringing up a bill.

To bad the tech checked the paper work and found it was over a year old
That's the part I'm most upset about. The guy I spoke to on the phone before sending it in knew 100% that this was over a year old. Never once mentioned that there could possibly be a fee involved. It would've been nice to be prepared/half-expect the bill when it popped up.

Oh well you can get her back al ready to go.
Amen brother! Summer may be over but hopefully this year (unlike last) I'll be able to get some nice Autumn colors at their peak.

Thanks

You PA guys have plenty of $ set aside for snow removal or snow mobiles. Just jump into the cookie jar and grin. Happy flying Farside and we'll see you around the post!

I have exactly the same problem in the same circumstance sure is a real bummer to fork out all that money and look after it so much then poof most of the functionality you paid for is gone with zero chance of getting it serviced in New Zealand. Would loved to have tried out the Google Goggles function now available too. I tried all of the suggestions as well to no avail. So yeah I know how you feel.

You PA guys have plenty of $ set aside for snow removal or snow mobiles. Just jump into the cookie jar and grin.
Not me. I just drive over it with the 4x4 that I already dipped into the cookie jar to buy :D
Happy flying Farside and we'll see you around the post!
Thanks man!

I have exactly the same problem in the same circumstance sure is a real bummer to fork out all that money and look after it so much then poof most of the functionality you paid for is gone with zero chance of getting it serviced in New Zealand. Would loved to have tried out the Google Goggles function now available too. I tried all of the suggestions as well to no avail. So yeah I know how you feel.
It really is a bummer. Good luck to you and I hope you get back in the air soon.
If you contact DJI they should service it for you, no? Just be prepared to not see your bird for what feels like forever.
Keep in mind that if you do it yourself you will be back in the air A LOT sooner than through DJI but it may cost more. It would have in my case but worth it if you ask me.
And it honestly doesn't look difficult... only part I would've broken a sweat is ripping the old module off the board thanks to the double stick tape.

Let us know the results and if all is well.

ehhh... wow. I just got my drone back from DJI, opened up the box and was amazed to find that they simply sent me what looks like a new drone!
A version 3 too, complete with remote.
And a battery... Holy smokes!!
You won't hear me complain about the $172 charge anymore or how long this process took lol... unless this drone somehow doesn't work. (I haven't taken it up yet).

Now... seeing as I never had the V3, I never paid attention to the differences aside from the tilt control on the transmitter.
Now I'm reading that the V3 comes with different props (9450)... they didn't ship me newer props, I just have my older props (9443?).
Is this a problem? I'll gladly buy 9450's if I need to but I need to know if I need to stay grounded until I do.

Thanks!!!!!!

Last edited:
Been out of the loop for a while so please forgive if this has been discussed to death.
I've searched and have come to the realization that my WiFi module is toast. (telemetry and other info work... just no video)

I still don't get how I can put my P2V+ away some 6 months ago in working order and take it out of my case and get no video but I've tried just about everything people here have suggested with no luck including:
checking/re-seating cables
updating everything (my P2V+ and software assistant and both Apple & Android app's)

Beyond trying suggestions, I'm further convinced that my WiFi module is to blame because, when it worked, my range before losing video continuously decreased. (plus the seemingly large amount of people who have claimed that a new module fixed their no-video problems)

Now my questions:
What's to say that a new module won't exhibit the same problem some time down the road?
Will I have to break open the new $200 module and do the Arctic Silver treatment to prevent a repeat?
Have they made revisions to newer modules? I've read some reviews that claim that there are now holes but I don't see any in any pictures that I've come across on product pages.
Is it too late to give this module the thermal paste treatment? (I imagine so...)
Are there after-market modules that are maybe improved or higher performance etc.?
Best place to buy? All the same? Meaning of life?
What's my best course of action here?
Thanks!
Expertise seems a bit thin on the ground here, no one attempted to answer any of the other questions you posed.

Reactions: Farside
The props will work just fine but with a little less performance. If you need to replace on use the same type don't mix em. When you get the chance up date to the newer ones.

Just for info.. The wifi tx in the bird has two boards in it. One for video and the other for telementry data. Soooo that means you can get tellimetry data and the video portion of the wifi tx can be bad. image.jpeg

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20