No Signal Scare

Hey Blade
Can you explain why a new SD card would help in this case.
Thanks.

Bad contact or bad card can cause this error to happen.

Based on Blade's suggestion I just ordered the following:
"SanDisk Extreme PRO 32GB UHS-I/U3 Micro SDXC Memory Card Speeds Up To 95MB/s With 4K Ultra HD Ready"
I will make some flights without
changing anything else and report any "No Signal" or "Not Connected" problems. I hope this will work.
BTW, the card provided by DJI with the Phantom is a "Lexar 633x 16GB Micro SD (U1) HCI"
I had no previous issues with the original equipment card in over 50 flights (10 Hours and 30 miles) using the old Pilot App (
most often shooting video at 1080/60fps although also shot some 4K (4096x2160/24). My first issue came on the third flight with the DJI Go app.

the only thing that fixed my no signal problem was doing the channel hack. On channel 32 it has been rock solid.

the only thing that fixed my no signal problem was doing the channel hack. On channel 32 it has been rock solid.

Thanks for the suggestion and it is interesting but since Blade Strike (who we know has DJI connections) has experience with the channel hack and still suggested the SD card replacement I will do the SD card replacement first. If I have trouble after the SD card replacement I will report it here and ask Blade "now what?". I am dubious about the channel hack helping in my case since I have zero interference on any of the normal channels out where I experienced my signal loss.

Thanks for the suggestion and it is interesting but since Blade Strike (who we know has DJI connections) has experience with the channel hack and still suggested the SD card replacement I will do the SD card replacement first. If I have trouble after the SD card replacement I will report it here and ask Blade "now what?". I am dubious about the channel hack helping in my case since I have zero interference on any of the normal channels out where I experienced my signal loss.

I downloaded the channel hack file, but I have some concerns about how to install it. Per one of the videos, I am supposed to open iTunes and then save it to the GO app directory. When I try to do that, it tells me that I am overwriting an existing file with the same name. Can I do that? It won't mess up any existing settings? And the file I downloaded from the link in the video is from back in June. Is there anything that I should have that is more recent in light of the many updates to app since then? Thanks.

The files in the hack directory replace those in the Go directory.
I haven't installed it yet but I will let you know buying a new SD card didn't work at all. I next changed out my dedicated Cambond .3 meter cable for a new one. That seemed to fix my no signal issues for the last two flights.
If you do the hack, I understand that channel 32 is a pretty good choice. Remember that in order to access the expanded channel lineup you have to change from automatic to manual selection.

The files in the hack directory replace those in the Go directory.
I haven't installed it yet but I will let you know buying a new SD card didn't work at all. I next changed out my dedicated Cambond .3 meter cable for a new one. That seemed to fix my no signal issues for the last two flights.
If you do the hack, I understand that channel 32 is a pretty good choice. Remember that in order to access the expanded channel lineup you have to change from automatic to manual selection.
What is the Download site for that DJI config file for the 30 channel hack. Watched the video on you tube and he states that it is in his description-- looked for it but cant find it. Old age creeping in here :D:D,

Reactions: bobmyers
Reactions: Jeff48920

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj