No Signal (live view)

I had this problem with mine but it also struggled to complete firmware upgrades failing when detect a certain component. It went back to DJI and was repaired and has worked flawlessly since.

To identify the component I looked at the logs in the hidden folder on the SD Card and it was clearly shown. Might be worth a look.
That is very familiar, you say you identified the component in the hidden folder logs, are you able to explain what the component it was missing was or why; or you could just see something wasn't happening correctly therefore it was repaired, what I'm getting at is, was there anything you could of done to avoid having to send it back for repair?

I'm going round and round with DJI now - 90% convinced it's hardware, but they keep finding new hoops for me to jump through. Trying to downgrade the controller firmware now.

Thanks for posting this - makes me believe it's a hardware problem since mine is doing the same.
I had the same issue on a couple of different occasions. Bought a new tablet and thought that fixed it..but it started again. I cannot connect with the craft. I tried everything, changed the cable twice, removed and reinstalled the app and nothing. Finally sent it for service. I have no time for this BS! It has to work better upon return or I'm done.

I had the same issue on a couple of different occasions. Bought a new tablet and thought that fixed it..but it started again. I cannot connect with the craft. I tried everything, changed the cable twice, removed and reinstalled the app and nothing. Finally sent it for service. I have no time for this BS! It has to work better upon return or I'm done.

I just wish they had a better diagnostics program - I just want to plug it in and find out whats wrong, rather than all this guesswork. I'm almost ready to buy another just to have one that works.

I am having a similar issue. Phantom 3 bought in late January. I just updated to the latest firmware (1.07) and now almost every time I turn the Phantom on the light on the front of the gimbal does not light up and I get no video. After about 5-10 seconds the gimbal goes limp. It is very random when it works and also very rarely. I have tried different SD cards, no SD card, checked the cable connections to the gimbal and it is just random when it works. I have opened a ticket with DJI in California as I have tried everything I can think of. Will update how it gets fixed.

That is very familiar, you say you identified the component in the hidden folder logs, are you able to explain what the component it was missing was or why; or you could just see something wasn't happening correctly therefore it was repaired, what I'm getting at is, was there anything you could of done to avoid having to send it back for repair?

From memory the hardware item was number 15, which someone told me was a camera component, most likely a DSP chip and on early P3s they were fitted with the wrong chip which in the later firmwares started to break. Speaking with DJI support though they just said 'it was a vital component of the Phantom 3 and needed replacing'.

I tried various things, and generally found that after about 10 minutes of power it performed more reliably but when the weather was poor I thought I'd send it in. It went to the netherlands from the UK and came back in just over a week.

I would bite the bullet and send it in.

Just bought another P3P for $838. My old P2V+ wasn't cutting it! At least one should be working going forward...

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl