no one ? about rth

Reaction score
Hi if I set my RTH for say 200ft if I use the rth mode and my phantom is 50 ft below me will it go to 200 ft from where it is or will it rise to 250 to be even with the start point. Thanks

Thanks could be a disaster otherwise
Be careful flying below yourself since it needs a GPS lock to RTH.... cliffs, canyons, etc can all have a negative effect on that parameter.

Yes... The RTH elevation you set is the MINIMUM elevation. If you're at 1000ft it will stay there until directly overhead then begin landing. If the P3 is at 150ft, it will immediately climb straight up to 200ft and fly straight to you and begin landing.

+1 bb

Lets see how many times we can all say the same thing differently.
That's a good one!:) Let's see if you know the answer to this:

I discovered yesterday that the P3 (unlike the P2) resets its home point if you land, shut off the motors, restart them and take off again. No power cycle required.

If you land and restart the motors 50 feet below your intial takeoff point, does the RTH altitude reset too?

I discovered yesterday that the P3 (unlike the P2) resets its home point if you land, shut off the motors, restart them and take off again. No power cycle required.

If you land and restart the motors 50 feet below your intial takeoff point, does the RTH altitude reset too?
Its from wherever your home point is recorded, usually being the initial launch point.

I'm pretty sure the last firmware for the P2 allowed for a new home point to be set once the motors were turned off. That is, it at least stayed that you could relaunch without turning the power off.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic