No navigation lights. Loud beeping

• Thread starter Deleted member 68677
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 68677

Have a phantom 3 Pro, had a crash when a half an inch of my carbon fiber prop broke off at 30 miles an hour. Now I have no navigation lights and a beeping sound when I turn on the Drone. Help please... any suggestions. Thank you in advance

Have a phantom 3 Pro, had a crash when a half an inch of my carbon fiber prop broke off at 30 miles an hour. Now I have no navigation lights and a beeping sound when I turn on the Drone. Help please... any suggestions. Thank you in advance
Never mind...IMU totally separated from the board all solder points have been broken total loss...RIP... at least there were no injuries to anybody or any property damage.. it was a good day

Never mind...IMU totally separated from the board all solder points have been broken total loss...RIP... at least there were no injuries to anybody or any property damage.. it was a good day
1503748757782.jpg

Actually from what I can see from the picture is not that bad, find someone who is good at soldering and he should be able to resolder it easily.

Actually from what I can see from the picture is not that bad, find someone who is good at soldering and he should be able to resolder it easily.
This thing is done... I hit so hard that I knocked capacitors off the board... Every part of this drone is broken in some place.

It's all good... I've cleared over 1 million feet and had over 400 successful flight this is my first mishap... I still have the P4 and the p4p

Message to all Pilots... When doing your PreFlight checklist, check, recheck, and check again before you launch...

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 0v3rrid3
So this was for certainty a prop failure? Do you suspect the prop was cracked prior to this final flight? What did the drone hit at 30 mph? Dirt? Grass? Concrete? A Tree?

This drone was at stable flight at 30 ft about 25 miles an hour, and within a blink of an eye it went into a hard fast forward tumble. This was either a prop issue or a seized motor, I got a motor obstruction warning in the app. There was no way to save or recover from this failure. It fell from the sky into a 5-acre field with pretty tall grass, but the impact was definitely something to see only wish I had the camera rolling at the time... There was debris everywhere, and just for the record I did not hit anything. This was either a hairline crack in the carbon fiber blades that snapped when I gave it the juice or a seized motor. This is the only two possibilities, that I can come up with, for the drone to go from solid stable flight, to an immediate out of control forward tumble..

Last edited by a moderator:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl