No live video feed after Phantom 3 Pro gimbal repair

Reaction score
I hit the roof of a 15 meter building at full speed. The gimbal arm broke and flat cable was cut. The front UV filter cracked, the main board mounts broke off, the top body cover nuts were all separated.... To make a long story short I fixed everything, I even fixed the broken gimbal arm by drilling through with 2.5mm drill and threading it to 3mm and inserting a 3mm stainless steel screw with CA, now it is stronger than before (see images)
I got hold of a new flat cable and replaced that also. Now the aircraft is perfectly flyable again, the gimbal functions normally, I get all telemetry displayed on the screen, if I snap a photo or take a video it is recorded on the SD card perfectly, I can move tilt the cam, I have telemetry data on the iPad BUT NO LIVE VIDEO FEED!!!! The ipad screen remains blank/black!!! and there is a red warning rectangle top center saying "No Signal"
I tried re-binding the radio to the aircraft, deleting and reinstalling the Pilot App, changing SD card, checked the 2 flat cables connecting the gimbal to the craft for proper continuity.... Nothing helped!!!!
Anybody can point me in the right direction on how to fix/troubleshoot that?

Attachments

• IMG_8694.JPG
    IMG_8694.JPG
    299.9 KB · Views: 573
  • IMG_8695.JPG
    IMG_8695.JPG
    382.5 KB · Views: 592
  • IMG_8709.JPG
    IMG_8709.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 714
  • IMG_8712.JPG
    IMG_8712.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 766
  • IMG_8827.JPG
    IMG_8827.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 644
  • IMG_8831.JPG
    IMG_8831.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 640
  • IMG_8832.JPG
    IMG_8832.JPG
    914.8 KB · Views: 670
  • IMG_8834.JPG
    IMG_8834.JPG
    856.1 KB · Views: 655
I hit the roof of a 15 meter building at full speed. The gimbal arm broke and flat cable was cut. The front UV filter cracked, the main board mounts broke off, the top body cover nuts were all separated.... To make a long story short I fixed everything, I even fixed the broken gimbal arm by drilling through with 2.5mm drill and threading it to 3mm and inserting a 3mm stainless steel screw with CA, now it is stronger than before (see images)
I got hold of a new flat cable and replaced that also. Now the aircraft is perfectly flyable again, the gimbal functions normally, I get all telemetry displayed on the screen, if I snap a photo or take a video it is recorded on the SD card perfectly, I can move tilt the cam, I have telemetry data on the iPad BUT NO LIVE VIDEO FEED!!!! The ipad screen remains blank/black!!! and there is a red warning rectangle top center saying "No Signal"
I tried re-binding the radio to the aircraft, deleting and reinstalling the Pilot App, changing SD card, checked the 2 flat cables connecting the gimbal to the craft for proper continuity.... Nothing helped!!!!
Anybody can point me in the right direction on how to fix/troubleshoot that?
Try changing out the cable from the ipad or android to the controller.. I have a bad firewire cable.

Were you able to fix the issue? I just made a similar fix and have the same problem.
No I never managed to fix her, I just sold her for $800 at that time and somebody bought her hoping he can repair her. I just bought a new one and am more careful flying around buildings :D and she is doing great!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31