No Internet connection

Reaction score
I now receive a "no internet connection" on my settings screen when Phantom WiFi appears . I tried resetting the RC to Phantom 3. The reset button is green which leads me to believe there is no reset issue. My tablet is a Apple mini 2 with Wi FI. My Phantom 3 firmware is 1.6.80 ; App Version 2.9.2 This occurred after installing IOS 10. two days ago. Any realtionship issues going on here? I would appreciate any suggestions to correct this issue. Thank you

Last edited:
I now receive a "no internet connection" on my settings screen when Phantom WiFi appears .
This was recently changed in a previous iOS 9 release. It's just showing that you're not connected to the Internet -- which is true since your Phantom does not offer an Internet connection via its Wi-Fi connection.

MSinger.....Will this scenario affect anything while flying? After never seeing the no internet connection message before the i0S9 release, it's troubling to see it now. Thank you for your prompt response.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

MSinger.....Will this scenario affect anything while flying? After never seeing the no internet connection message before the i0S9 release, it's troubling to see it now. Thank you for your prompt response.

I have Android and get the same message on my tablet. Its just letting you know there's no internet in case you want to choose another Wi-Fi.

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Reginald Thomas

Just for your note, some mobile device (android and ios on certain mobile or OS version) will autimatically switch data to the wifi when it exists even when the cellular is exists too. Some of them have the ability to switch to which connection has the internet.

The message just to give you information that your mobile device is connected to the wifi which has no internet connection. That's normal.

The only problem you will get in this situation is you might unable to update your maps if it is your concern. As for workarround on this, you can open the apps before you get connected to the RC's wifi and let it update map view based on your current position, assumed you have a working internet connection from your cellular network. And you may connect it to RC's wifi afterward.

Sent from my SCL23 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Last edited:
Reactions: kirk2579
Maybe I'm not fully understanding the question but my P3P doesn't require my Galaxy S5 or my Nexus 7 tablet to have an actual wifi connection. It connects regardless.

Maybe I'm not fully understanding the question but my P3P doesn't require my Galaxy S5 or my Nexus 7 tablet to have an actual wifi connection. It connects regardless.
I believe the OP has a Standard which requires wifi to connect the RC with the device, your P3P uses a USB cable.

Reactions: sinxa

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl