No Internet Connection

Reaction score
I am trying to initiate my new drone...never flown just out of box. Ihave followed directions from manual etc but continue to have a problem.

I am using an iPad Air and I’m having difficulty connecting to the phantom Internet connection. I am unable to connect and continually receive “no Internet connection” error message. I have downloaded the DGI App and have tried on numerous occasions to try to get an Internet Connection. Can someone please help me?

You only need Internet Connection to download App and Cache the maps ......... once registered and you have the App installed - then forget about internet connection. If you have warning "No Internet Connection" - that's just the Tablet / Phone default warning saying your DJI WiFi has not internet and nothing to do with GO or app's.

Nigel

I am unable to connect and continually receive “no Internet connection” error message.
All Apple users see that message. You can ignore it.

All Apple users see that message. You can ignore it.

Its not only Apple ... I have it on Android as well ....... (well I used to when I flew P3S).

Any phone / tablet that has WiFi will pull up that warning when connecting to RC WiFi ...

Nigel

But he's not only one reading the thread / forum and I answered already without specifying which system ... unnecessary to. That helps others as well ...

:)

Nigel

But he's not only one reading the thread / forum and I answered already without specifying which system ... unnecessary to
Ah, well, in that case you should probably point out that this message does not display on some Android devices. Either way, it doesn't matter if the message is displayed or not. It can simply be ignored :)

Had a couple of New Year 'tipples' ?

Think we both made our points ... lets look forward to a great new year and plenty of great flights !

Cheers
Nigel

Tipples aren't really my thing. Just sharing some accurate information, friend ;)

Here's to the new year though. I hope it's a good one for you too.

Thanks. I reloaded App and went through registration with home wifi not phantom and I finally got connected.

Why the hell do they have that Phantom wifi setting if it is not required? Grrr!!

Thanks. I reloaded App and went through registration with home wifi not phantom and I finally got connected.

Why the hell do they have that Phantom wifi setting if it is not required? Grrr!!

The Phantom WIFI connects your phone/tablet to the Phantom itself so you can use the app.

You are making the common mistake of thinking that wi-fi and internet are the same thing, they are not.....

Wi-Fi is simply a communication method and is used by the P3S for video and telemetry comms

:)

Reactions: Vzr1
I understand now but not all are techies...the error message said I was "not connected to the internet" and I thought I needed to be...that created the confusion. DGI should make note of that and let OP's know to disregard the message in their setup instructions..

Reactions: Philltayl
I understand now but not all are techies...the error message said I was "not connected to the internet" and I thought I needed to be...that created the confusion. DGI should make note of that and let OP's know to disregard the message in their setup instructions..
A common misunderstanding. That message, I think, is an Android thing as well and not DJI. You may have the option of not see it again. If you see that box pop-up, check it off "Do Not Show This Again".

Last edited:
That error message, I think, is an Android thing as well and not DJI. You may have the option of not see it again. If you see that box pop-up, check it off "Do Not Show This Again".
It's not an error message. It's just an informational message displayed on Apple (and some Android devices) after connecting to a Wi-Fi network. There is no option to hide that message.

It's not an error message. It's just an informational message displayed on Apple (and some Android devices) after connecting to a Wi-Fi network. There is no option to hide that message.
But the pop up is gone. I don't see it anymore on my K1. I was given the option to stop it. Now it says connected to Phantom with a tiny note "No Internet" below that.

Now it says connected to Phantom with a tiny note "No Internet" below that.
Right. That's the message we're discussing here.

This is what it looks like on an Apple device:

P3S-No-Internet-Access.jpg

This is one thread that didn't pertain to me but **** glad I read. Happy New Year guys and keep on teaching.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4