no image transmission signal warning

Reaction score
My phantom 4k fell into water few days back it, after drying out right out given everything a good clean and put back together it seams to work fine with everything but the camera has no image on my phone and the warning “no image transmission signal”

The camera does that full range of moton thingy it does when turning on works in manual for a few seconds after. It then stops!

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• 18BD71EA-F23C-4812-883C-8A72B4AD4B3C.png
    18BD71EA-F23C-4812-883C-8A72B4AD4B3C.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 423
  • 5D77B6FF-4091-40E3-8E72-6EA92AE6B7C9.png
    5D77B6FF-4091-40E3-8E72-6EA92AE6B7C9.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 391
Reactions: info4tim
jesus I paid less for my entire drone if I need a new camera I’ll just buy another second hand drone. Here in Australia their going for 350-500 aud. That camera was 450$
Mayby try a new flat ribbon cable set,,I could have helped you but I just mailed my cam overseas,cable sets are cheap which is good.....,,,$$20..
Screenshot_20180914-092726.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
Mayby try a new flat ribbon cable set,,I could have helped you but I just mailed my cam overseas,cable sets are cheap which is good.....,,,$$20..View attachment 103429

Yeah thats a possible option, do you know if that ribbon is for the motor and image or just one? Because the camera motor work until it fault out.

I have installed one and its a very tricky job....when you pull the backing off the sticky tape..the ribbon wire will want to stick to ever thing and IF it sticks down to where its NOT supposed to be Its very easy to damage the fine copper ribbon in the harness......Be Very careful and have REALLY Good lightning..and " take your time" get UP and walk away from it if your having trouble.....Hey order two...Just in case You damage one....they are very very fragile...and the loop around the last spindle before it gets plugged In...is a Real Bugger to get done ! Plus >>> No Greasy fingers<<< for the job......."GOOD LUCK" !

Yeah cheers guy, im a tool maker by trade so finicky things come natural, tho usually it on a tonne off steel! I did completely dismantle and put back the camera together I have here minus the solderd on tiny fan. Did the same thing.

Tho my main too board the one with sd card slot I think is shot. With the bit of research iv done it should have a led light up red or green but mins not on at all.

Thinking I’ll just look for another drone and leave this for spares. Iv run it now 3 batteries worth and it’s flying fine did 100m high 500m away, all the auto functions are working. But im finding I don’t trust it.

Are the 2.7 camera from a standard or advanced compatible with a 4k?
They for use same camera but have a feeling the ribbon cable might be different just to be annoying,,p34k is just a p3s with vps module on the bottom, you could try this but I would have both ribbon sets on hand in case
20180915_185829.jpg

They for use same camera but have a feeling the ribbon cable might be different just to be annoying,,p34k is just a p3s with vps module on the bottom, you could try this but I would have both ribbon sets on hand in case View attachment 103487

Ok i was thinking of the entire camera/gimbal set up, their few pros/4k for sale but tones of advanced and some standard ones if I bought one of them second hand and just used its camera in my drone!

I have a gut feeling my ribbon is in good working condition but the main board is toast!

Ok i was thinking of the entire camera/gimbal set up, their few pros/4k for sale but tones of advanced and some standard ones if I bought one of them second hand and just used its camera in my drone!

I have a gut feeling my ribbon is in good working condition but the main board is toast!
Yeh hard to eliminate faults without parts to try,,definitely cheaper to buy whole drone that just the cam ,with you on that,mate I just gave one away,,oh well it happens,at least if you can get another you will have some parts and another battery which aways good to have,well I wish you Best of luck in sorting it out , I'm all over forums searching stuff so if I find a way to test I will post a update,,,,yes no light on Gimble board not good,sounds like you spot on,unless it's a cable which once again need spares to check,

Yeah the cable is only 20$ but it’ll be almost a month before it shows up in the mail.
Most of my research is from this, I found in the advanced/pro section.
314D5A15-4B14-442F-B3DA-200E17D3EAD7.png
F0A5CB57-ABC1-4084-B8A7-5AECC71918E5.png

Yip good info on the ribbon,,I know some cheap ones have cause issues, ,,a month,,yes long time,,that's about my waiting time aswell,I even told ebay that and no longer buy through them cause the waiting is a killer

Ok so some good news! A work shop I called said to dunk the main board into pure alcohol over night n try and in the morning!

To my absolute supprize it bloody worked!

So it turns out alcohol is good for more then just a night out!

Another update, camera still works fine, first real test since it got wet. Im getting **** range.

Iv previously at the same place had it at 170m high 1500m away. With out range issues but today it dropped all control connection at 140m and only 200m distance.

At 70m high it still did 680m away.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31