No gimbal options in tablet mode?

Reaction score
I installed the latest version of the DJI Pilot App (Android, 1.1.0) on my tablet, but can't find gimbal options (gimbal roll, calibration etc.) in the menu. Anyone else with that issue?
Tablet interface seems different from phone version?

Whaha my fault! Installed the 1.1.0 on my phone and accidently the 1.0.1 from the play store on my tablet. My mistake! Solved now. Thanks

nikon,
I've got the same problem. I'm a total android newb and downloaded pilot app 1.0.10 from Google Play onto my phone and installed it. I noticed many of the setting aren't there but have no idea how to get that off there and download the proper version (1.1.0) I see that there is a version of that on the dji site but I don't know how to install a .apk file. Thought you had to have other, special tools to do that. Care to share any insight on how to remedy the situation?

Thanks,
Chagall

Go on your PC or laptop to the download section on the DJI site. Download the .apk file (1.1.0) and save it to your desktop. Connect your tablet with your pc/laptop and transfer the .apk file to your tablet.

Enable at your tablet under 'Settings --> Security' the option 'Allow unknown sources' or an option similar to that (may vary depending on your tablet OS version and brand).

Run the .apk file from your tablet, installation will now begin. (REMOVE OLD VERSION FIRST BEFORE INSTALING NEW VERSION!).

If you have any questions, ask ;)...

Thanks nikon. The moto G I bought for the P3 is my first encounter with an android device so I'm spending more time on it than the P3 at the moment. lol. (long term apple/IOS user)

For your Moto G (installing the Pilot app):
1. settings - > security
2. untick verify apps
3. tick/untick/retick unknown sources
4. reboot

For your Moto G (enable usb-debugging, that's needed for connecting with your controller):
1. put it in developer mode: settings- about phone - click build number 7 times
2. dev options --> enable usb debugging
3. reboot

Good luck!

Success, I think. I uninstalled 1.0.10 and then got 1.1.0 on the moto G and installed it after checking "allow unknown" in settings. Powered everything on and connected up and do indeed have all the settings now. I do notice that what was a status of "no updates required" when running 1.0.1 pilot app has now turned into updates required status for the copter, camera and RC. Does that sound right? Any way to check firmware versions before doing all that? I had just gotten the P3 today from a 2 day old DJI shipment and figured it would have the latest firmware installed. Seems like the app drives the need for updating all the rest, whereas I thought they were all autonomous with respect to each other and just needed to be at the latest version for each.

You need to upgrade controller, bird and app to the latest version. Just follow the update instructions on the P3 download page.
BTW at the first startup of the app, I get that notice too, but already upgraded all devices.
So, if you upgraded all devices already, ignore that notice. ;) Good luck!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers