No Gimbal movement after fitting new flat cable.

Reaction score
Hi, I bought a damaged P3s with a torn gimbal ribbon/cable.
I have fitted a new flat ribbon cable and have got a live WiFi video feed and a great picture, BUT, I haven't got any gimbal movement, the gimbal is completely dead, it doesn't do any movement on start up and there's no movement when I move the controller joystick/turn knob.
There is a slight buzzing sound coming from the gimbal and a little resistance when I move the camera/gimbal motors by hand, also the light in the front of the gimbal is flashing red all the time.
I'm very good with my hands and am very technically minded as I've been around model aircraft for years, I've also watched and studied many YouTube videos and feel I've fitted the new cable correctly.
Could a faulty/damaged cable be the problem or is there something else I should be looking at.
Any ideas much appreciated.

Hi, I bought a damaged P3s with a torn gimbal ribbon/cable.
I have fitted a new flat ribbon cable and have got a live WiFi video feed and a great picture, BUT, I haven't got any gimbal movement, the gimbal is completely dead, it doesn't do any movement on start up and there's no movement when I move the controller joystick/turn knob.
There is a slight buzzing sound coming from the gimbal and a little resistance when I move the camera/gimbal motors by hand, also the light in the front of the gimbal is flashing red all the time.
I'm very good with my hands and am very technically minded as I've been around model aircraft for years, I've also watched and studied many YouTube videos and feel I've fitted the new cable correctly.
Could a faulty/damaged cable be the problem or is there something else I should be looking at.
Any ideas much appreciated.
Couple questions,,got sd card in camera,does gimble calibration make it move ,,,no sd card will cause a flashing red ,,,,could also try relinking which gives red flash aswell,,still thinking on the gimble movement,,was it a dji cable or cheap version ,, some don't work well

Last edited by a moderator:
Couple questions,,got sd card in camera,does gimble calibration make it move ,,,no sd card will cause a flashing red ,[/Q
I've just put a memory card in and now I've got a solid green light, BUT no movement on the camera/gimbal, and yes I've done a gimbal calibration but nothing happens, the gimbal is completely dead, no movement, just a couple of beeps when I first turn the aircraft on.

Yip green good,bit unsure on no gimble movement, I will have a search,always a bit tricky trying to diagnose crash repairs on any phantom,it's good you got picture and green light that shows it working but could possible have damaged gimble or yaw motor from previous crash or accident,just from memory there should be good resistance when trying to move by hand when powered on,does camera sit level or limp,,that buzzing noise you hear might be motor slightly bent or offset,,have you tried remote calibration,under general settings,

Yip green good,bit unsure on no gimble movement, I will have a search,always a bit tricky trying to diagnose crash repairs on any phantom,it's good you got picture and green light that shows it working but could possible have damaged gimble or yaw motor from previous crash or accident,just from memory there should be good resistance when trying to move by hand when powered on,does camera sit level or limp,,that buzzing noise you hear might be motor slightly bent or offset,,have you tried remote calibration,under general settings,
Camera sits limp, I've calibrated the controller, and I've linked the controller to my other P3s and it works perfect. It's just the gimbal is completely dead and limp?

OK me have to have a search,some I just reading some crash repairs where gimble ribbon was replaced but still had no movement,some had bad camera board ,once again as you know these faults you can chase them around but hard to locate,I keep looking and will post if I find a definite answer, bit tricky again to cause some fixs don't work on the same phantom,so it's almost trail and error,,bit hard to not having parts to eliminate this,,sux buying stuff that don't work,I would hate to say buy this when nothing wrong with it,but yip still looking

Reactions: Aviatorwrx
OK me have to have a search,some I just reading some crash repairs where gimble ribbon was replaced but still had no movement,some had bad camera board ,once again as you know these faults you can chase them around but hard to locate,I keep looking and will post if I find a definite answer, bit tricky again to cause some fixs don't work on the same phantom,so it's almost trail and error,,bit hard to not having parts to eliminate this,,sux buying stuff that don't work,I would hate to say buy this when nothing wrong with it,but yip still looking
Ok, thanks, I've got another flat ribbon cable on order so I'll start by changing that again and then go from there.
Thanks for your input.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20