no fly zone

Reaction score
Here is my situation... I live close to DC and most of my work (wedding videos) are done close to DC (MD,VA). I know they had put no fly zone around 15 miles so my used one, which has firmware 3.12, can't fly although I'm not in DC.

HOWEVER...

1. If I purchase a new or used P2V+ version 2, would it have past firmware and does not affected by No Fly Zone? (of course the previous owner must not updated the firmware) If so, what version does not affected?

2. If I connect P2V to PC, does it automatically update (force to update) the firmware?

3. Is there anyway to downgrade the firmware?

Thank you in advance!

1. If I purchase a new or used P2V+ version 2, would it have past firmware and does not affected by No Fly Zone? (of course the previous owner must not updated the firmware) If so, what version does not affected?
You will need firmware version 3.08 or earlier.

2. If I connect P2V to PC, does it automatically update (force to update) the firmware?
DJI rarely auto installs updates -- but, they've done it in the past. Disable your Internet connection before starting the Phantom Assistant application and this will never be an issue.

3. Is there anyway to downgrade the firmware?
You cannot downgrade to an older version of 3.x. You should still be able to downgrade to 1.x or 2.x though. See the following link for more details:

http://www.phantompilots.com/threads/downgrade-3-12.37805

Reactions: JasonKo
You will need firmware version 3.08 or earlier.

DJI rarely auto installs updates -- but, they've done it in the past. Disable your Internet connection before starting the Phantom Assistant application and this will never be an issue.

You cannot downgrade to an older version of 3.x. You should still be able to downgrade to 1.x or 2.x though. See the following link for more details:

http://www.phantompilots.com/threads/downgrade-3-12.37805
Thank you for the quick reply!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20