NFZ Green Zone Blocks Flight?

Reaction score
After surgery on my hands I have not flown my drone for 12 months.

I have now updated firmware etc.

I have always flown my drone at my home, but now I'm told it's a NFZ.

I get a message to approve the flight which I select with out any joy. I have gone onto the DJI site to create an approval and see what the issue is.

It seems I am on the edge of a Green Warning Zone, there are no Yellow or Red Zones within miles of me.

I'm in Harlech West Coast, North Wales.

The green zone does not allow me to select it to complete the NFZ planner.

Has anybody else encountered this issue, any ideas how to fix it? The green zone covers miles :-(

Pete

I'm in Aberystwyth under the same green warning zone as you and can fly no problem, DJI have made three separate EWZ for Aberporth with the biggest one covering the coast, this means every time I take off a warning screen comes up I tick the box saying I take responsibility for my flight, click confirm and I'm good go, what exactly is it your screen looks like when your getting no joy. if you look at the actual UK no fly zone for Aberporth we arent included in it anyway.

DJI version

Screen Shot 2018-03-09 at 14.58.23.png

Actual UK version

Screen Shot 2018-03-09 at 15.00.40.png

According to the DJI website you should just get the same warning as me.

Screen Shot 2018-03-09 at 15.12.06.png

I'm in Aberystwyth under the same green warning zone as you and can fly no problem, DJI have made three separate EWZ for Aberporth with the biggest one covering the coast, this means every time I take off a warning screen comes up I tick the box saying I take responsibility for my flight, click confirm and I'm good go, what exactly is it your screen looks like when your getting no joy. if you look at the actual UK no fly zone for Aberporth we arent included in it anyway.

DJI version

Hi Ricrhys, Thank you for your reply. I think my issue is simply poor phone signal as it works for you.

I don't get an error when I tick the blue circle and press yes to accept, simply nothing happens.

Thats why I went to the web site to do it.

I have an 02 sim and an EE sim but neither seem to work well enough for it :-(

I will try it in a better phone reception area tomorrow to see if that works.

Pete

I should probably leave this to someone who knows what they are talking about, but heres my two pence worth......

Is it the PH4 you have, I'm new to this but as far as I can tell phone signal wont affect this issue, you can fly with your phone in airplane mode, the AC has its own GPS unit that is bringing up the warning, it states you do not need a connection to get past this. I might be completely wrong however :D

"Enhanced Warning Zones. In these Zones, you will be prompted by GEO at the time of flight to unlock the zone using the same steps as in an Authorization Zone, but you do not require a verified account or an internet connection at the time of your flight"

Cheers
Ric

It's a P3Pro

My assumption was that when it asked the question it had to be sent somewhere to unlock the zone.

Will be interesting to see the reults I get tomorrow as long as this latest storm passes :-(

Thanks for your help Ric

Pete

Glad you got it in the air in the end, still odd though as we are both undertake same green mist yet I can fly and yours is not having it. Wonder if anyone else can shed some light on it. I wonder what would happen if you crossed the line in flight.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl