Yellow vs Green Home Point Location bubble - Differences?

Reaction score
Bought a Phantom 4 Pro+ which came with the GL300E controller. Unable to comfortably be able to load third party apps, I purchased the P4P controller, GL300F.
When I pair with the PLUS controller, my home point "bubble" is Green.
When I pair with the P4P controller & iPhone 6 combo, the home point "bubble" is Yellow.

Why the difference? Searched for a couple hours for an answer. Nothing yet.

Best I can tell so far is -

It could be -
An IOS software issue - I've seen many similar complaints from iPad mini user's.
Mobile GPS signal weak? - I've seen that "error" as have many others using Apple products.
It's a GPS issue on the IOS device. I my case, it's my iPhone 6 (until I decide on which Apple device or Android device I want to dedicate to this controller)

I am within 2 miles of class D airspace, and clear of extended centerlines

I've tried opening "settings" on the iPhone and setting DJI GO 4 to "always " for GPS access.

What's the significance of the color difference?

Any insight would be appreciated.

Ken

Last edited:
When I pair and the PLUS controller, my home point "bubble" is Green.
When I pair and the P4P controller with my iPhone 6, the home point "bubble" is Yellow.

Why the difference?
It could be -
An IOS software issue - I've seen many similar complaints from iPad mini user's.
Mobile GPS signal weak? - I've seen that "error" as have many others using Apple products.
It's a GPS issue on the IOS device. I my case, it's my iPhone 6 (until I decide on which Apple device or Android device I want to dedicate to this controller)
It has nothing to do with GPS in your phone.
Your home point comes from the Phantom's own GPS receiver.
The Phantom doesn't use GPS in your phone (except for Follow-me flight or resetting home to the controller's current location).

When I test on an Android device, my home point shows as either red or blue but I can't work out what the difference is.

It has nothing to do with GPS in your phone.
Your home point comes from the Phantom's own GPS receiver.
The Phantom doesn't use GPS in your phone (except for Follow-me flight or resetting home to the controller's current location).

When I test on an Android device, my home point shows as either red or blue but I can't work out what the difference is.

Yellow/Green or Red/blue
Seriously doubt this is random.

Again, thinking out loud, could it be -
simple as separate DJI software teams for IOS an Android that didn't think consistency was import.
I realize the Phantom 4 Pro has it's own internal GPS and does not need another source to mark it's current take off position.
If Home Position is moved or updated thru the controller while the drone is in flight - could it be DJI GO 4 doesn't think the Apple device signal precise enough to mark an accurate new home location?
referencing - "Mobile GPS signal weak?"

I've seen a Yellow Home Point bubble in pics online when reading about a Dynamic Home Point.
I've never seen that option and as far as I can tell, it's gone in the current version of DJI GO 4 - both IOS and Android versions.

DJI does use colors elsewhere - Green (good, go), Yellow (caution), and Red (error, stop).

Yellow/Green or Red/blue
Seriously doubt this is random.
I tried all the options I could think of with resetting the home point and moving away and couldn't make any sense of the colours.
On the basis of the observations, the best hypothesis I can come up with is Yellow/green for Apple devices and red/blue for Android but I have no idea about when/why it changes.

Thanks,
Will continue to work on this.
Actually, the Green is on my P4P+. Guessing that is Android code in a DJI product?

Had an issue typing a new name for a saved map that we sorted out last week. One of the steps in the solution referred to the Android keyboard.
Will try calling support to see if they can shed light on this color dilemma when I have time.

We be sure to post an answer if I can find it.

Will continue to work on this.
Actually, the Green is on my P4P+. Guessing that is Android code in a DJI product?
I see you've posted screenshots on another forum and have to make a correction to my earlier posts.
The Location balloon with the H in it is always green on my Android devices.
There is a small coloured circle nearby that changes from red to blue.
That's the tablet's location derived from wifi.
If I enable GPS for the tablet the symbols are on top of each other.
i-HVRQBNb-M.jpg

i-mgkF9g9-M.jpg

Interesting that your two symbols sit on top of each other - wifi & tablet GPS
Just curious and doubt it really matters but are you using your phone hotspot wifi or are you picking up wifi from a house?

Here's my Green & Yellow Home Point bubbles.
First when paired to Pro PLUS controller
Second paired to Pro controller / iphone 6

DJI Pro +
IMG_7181_edited-1.jpg

DJI PRO with iPhone 6
IMG_1491_edited-1.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik