NFZ BS

Reaction score
It seems that DJI updates its NFZ whenever they want I am unable to take off at a local park I've been flying at since I bought it on release and when I try to unlock it using the Unlocking NFZ thing it says its not needed :( So basically I'm screwed ,

I wish someone can explain to me how its now working so I know for the future but after trying to Unlock the NFZ in the app and being told I didn't need to for that area I returned to the park where twenty minutes earlier I wasn't allowed to take off,I was this time :confused: besides trying to unlock the NFZ I also checked to see if I had the latest firmware installed and I did but I still hit the "refresh" just in case
So I'm guessing you have to log into your acct. every month or two just to be able to keep flying ? I'd say its over a month since I logged in..
I tried logging into the "Unlock NFZ"/DJI app via personal hotspot using the tablet I fly with but it doesn't allow it ,it ask for a wifi provider that you use out of a list of five all of which I dont use .

I wish someone can explain to me how its now working so I know for the future but after trying to Unlock the NFZ in the app and being told I didn't need to for that area I returned to the park where twenty minutes earlier I wasn't allowed to take off,I was this time :confused: besides trying to unlock the NFZ I also checked to see if I had the latest firmware installed and I did but I still hit the "refresh" just in case
So I'm guessing you have to log into your acct. every month or two just to be able to keep flying ? I'd say its over a month since I logged in..
I tried logging into the "Unlock NFZ"/DJI app via personal hotspot using the tablet I fly with but it doesn't allow it ,it ask for a wifi provider that you use out of a list of five all of which I dont use .

There is no rhyme or reason to why, how or when they decide to ground you. I got fed up with them and rolled back DJI GO 4 to version 4.0.8, my drone to 1.03.509, and then another couple of "tricks" and now I will never be grounded again! I have taken back control of MY DRONE!

Reactions: BigAl07 and Phil56
There is no rhyme or reason to why, how or when they decide to ground you. I got fed up with them and rolled back DJI GO 4 to version 4.0.8, my drone to 1.03.509, and then another couple of "tricks" and now I will never be grounded again! I have taken back control of MY DRONE!
I dunno I'm not really crazy about the idea rolling back my FW via something not approved via DJI but this really is starting to suck, ALOT, but the more I think about it I do recall seeing something you must log into your acct every month or so to be able to continue flying so I'm just going to put a reminder in my phone for next month to log back in

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl