Newby with Phantom 2 - how do I upgrade camera to vision plus?

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Sorry if this is too dumb of a question, but I'm new at this. I have a vision 2 but I really want a camera that is independently controlled like the vision plus, one that can be monitored on an iphone?

Is that possible? any advice would be greatly appreciated!

thanks!
Mark

That's not really possible.
The good news is that the new P3 is amazingly priced.

Thanks Meta,
I see that there are multi axis gimbals you can add to the vision 2, do you know anything about these aftermarket ad ons?

No.

The vision has a fixed mount camera.

The vision + utilizes a gimbal to help stabilize the camera cancelling out much of the motion created by control inputs, wind, etc. Without this the picture will move with the quad transferring any motion to the video. It is also more fragile and repairs are expensive.

Your best bet right now is to look at the flood of P2V+'s being sold right now by people who want to upgrade to the P3.

Hi guys,

Sorry if this is too dumb of a question, but I'm new at this. I have a vision 2 but I really want a camera that is independently controlled like the vision plus, one that can be monitored on an iphone?

Is that possible? any advice would be greatly appreciated!

thanks!
Mark
Yes Mark, If you have a P2 Vision, you can purchase an after market gimbal and it will have everything but the third axis. The third axis controls the yaw, so keeping the legs out of the Camera shot is actually more difficult. I have the Rotorpixel Gimbal (2 axis) for my P2Vision and it has been a great gimbal. I also upgraded to the RE700 range extender, and the P2V+V3 Transmitter with gimbal wheel. Everything works fine, and I've been very happy with the upgrades and aftermarket purchase

But, as the poster above mentioned, You may be better off selling the P2V and go with the P3. You'll have to weigh the cost benefits and see.
I guess if you just prefer to expand on what you have, and enjoy the tinkering, then keep it. Otherwise, go for the newest release.

Also, you say you have the Phantom 2 Vision correct. And not the Phantom 2?
Because you've posted this in the P2 forum.

Good Luck with whatever you decide.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj