Newby from Portsmouth GB

Reaction score
Hi all,
I've just bought myself a phantom 3 professional as I liked the thought of flying a drone and filming the views at the same time. More fool me - drone, camera and RC needs update of firmware. I've spent 2 days trying to figure out how to do this - I've been downloading zip files, opening these, compressing them, putting them on an SDCard, putting SDCard into camera - getting the Beeb, beep, beep, beep for a time - then beep, - beep, beep. Which I believe means it's completed, turned quad off, checked SDCard got report that successfully done, took sdcard out of my mac, put it back in quad camera sdcard slot again, attached camera cable / USB cable to RC - turned quad and RC on - seemed all good but got no blue light on RC, just fixed green. Turned all off and removed sdcard, camera cable / USB cable. Turned on quad, turned on RC they both connected but still on the dji go was the message that both quad and camera need firmware update......Aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh........
Calmed down after 20mins.....
Then went through the same process several times, same message, tried tweaking things on mac before putting firmware onto sdcard.... not got any idea what I was tweaking but tried anyway.....some people say, open zip file, put it in root folder da da da da da.....So hopefully you can all see my brain is completely pickled....... I've now been looking for a new camera cable/ USB cable in case its this that don't work as it never came with the drone.

I'm also reading on forums that there is many different problems with dji go, can't bring myself to even contemplate this problem yet.

So ye....all in all I've been on an emotional rollercoaster for 2 days straight and so signed up to this drone pilots forum - wishful thinking on my part I guess - "oh to be a drone pilot eh"!!!!!! I can't even figure out how to update the firmware....even with watching how to do it on numerous videos on U tube ahhhhhhhhh --- please tell me that it's not just me. I wish dji could have made this process simpler, I'm sure they could have given today's technologies. This process is not good for an auld man like myself.....please help if possible lol.

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to Phantom Pilots! :)

You can find detailed firmware installation instructions here.

Welcome to the forum .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
This bunch here are the smartest you will find anywhere :)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl