Newbie question

Reaction score
Just took my P3 standard on its first flight. Quick question. Should the front lights always be red? My flight was fine, stable and the video recorded fine albeit a little choppy towards the end. Thanks.

Reactions: Brayan2134
msinger...thank you so much. I was trying to find out if that was ok to no avail. Appreciate the help. One other question maybe you can help me with? I can't edit video when my phone is not connected to the drone correct? And when my phone is not connected to the drone how do you access flight logs? Is that possible?
Thanks again

I can't edit video when my phone is not connected to the drone correct?
It depends on where you're trying to edit it. If using DJI GO, you'll need to be connected since the video is stored on the memory card in your drone. If you are using a program like Adobe Premiere, then you can remove the memory card and transfer the video to your computer using a memory card reader.

when my phone is not connected to the drone how do you access flight logs?
It depends on whether you want to access the TXT or DAT flight logs. The TXT flight logs are stored on your mobile device. Even when disconnected, you can click the paper plane icon at the top, left corner of the DJI GO home screen to access your Flight List. Click any flight in the list to view the flight log.

Reactions: grin factor
Just took my P3 standard on its first flight. Quick question. Should the front lights always be red? Thanks.
These type of questions :eek: me. ;)

You do have Phantom Manual?

Just checking :)

Rod

I do and I've read it over and over. Some people, when putting over $400 of equipment in the air for the first few times, get a little nervous and just want reassurance that they are doing the right thing. I'm assuming you've also read the manual and also know how incomplete it can be when it comes to the nuances of the Phantom line...thanks for the welcome :grinning:

msinger...thanks, got everything in check, first video done and ready to take off with flight number 2 today, and maybe take it up over 100 feet :D

Reactions: RodPad
Also install the healthy drones app on your phone and sync it to your drone. This will be your best friend for info about your drone and any problems you may have it will be shown

Sent from my HUAWEI LYO-L01 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: FinnBalorisReal
Yes, the lights in front should be red and the back SHOULD be green. This is for night time flight. If you decide to fly at night, you do not know where the front of the aircraft is, thus making a safety hazard. Also it has red lights so if you do fly at night, any near airports with an active air traffic controller can see where the UAV is so they can guild planes etc. Around you.

Reactions: FinnBalorisReal
Yes, the lights in front should be red and the back SHOULD be green. This is for night time flight. If you decide to fly at night, you do not know where the front of the aircraft is, thus making a safety hazard. Also it has red lights so if you do fly at night, any near airports with an active air traffic controller can see where the UAV is so they can guild planes etc. Around you.

Welcome to the Forum! ;)

Hum,

"Also it has red lights so if you do fly at night, any near airports with an active air traffic controller can see where the UAV is so they can guild planes etc. Around you"

Anyway to confirm this?

Rod

Welcome to the Forum! ;)

Hum,

"Also it has red lights so if you do fly at night, any near airports with an active air traffic controller can see where the UAV is so they can guild planes etc. Around you"

Anyway to confirm this?

Rod
Yeah. I live next an airport with my nfz application granted most of the time. Atc told me that they identify me by the red/green colors that the drone emits

Welcome to the Forum! ;)

Hum,

Anyway to confirm this?

Rod
They also generally know where I live so now I rarely see airplanes anyway

Your location is blank, what airport are you near?

Rod

Welcome to the Forum! ;)

Hum,

Anyway to confirm this?

Rod

I wouldn't have been so 'kind' to that statement..... :)

What do you mean that my location is blank? It's a municipal airport
Sorry,
Where do you live, See my location under my profile?

Rod :)

I wouldn't have been so 'kind' to that statement..... :)
Sorry, I don;t get your reply?
Are you saying I was insulting the poster?

I have never heard of this before?

I was hoping somebody would confirm this. Like, Pilot, or Air Traffic Control.

When I answer somebody's question, I want to be correct, If I see a comment that is posted that I don't understand, I want to confirm it.

Are you confirm this?

Rod

Sorry, I don;t get your reply?
Are you saying I was insulting the poster?

I have never heard of this before?

I was hoping somebody would confirm this. Like, Pilot, or Air Traffic Control.

When I answer somebody's question, I want to be correct, If I see a comment that is posted that I don't understand, I want to confirm it.

Are you confirm this?

Rod

Rod, No you you didn't insult the poster, As a pilot and having a good knowledge of ATC, I can confirm that aircraft do not get guided 'around' recreational drones.

Rod, No you you didn't insult the poster, As a pilot and having a good knowledge of ATC, I can confirm that aircraft do not get guided 'around' recreational drones.
This can be goofy as texting. ;)
I really thought you meant I was rude asking the poster to confirm how he came up with that statement.

I had actually been talking to my dad about this question, which is a pilot, not commercial, but his first comment was "They use radar for that", I said well maybe the ground control looks for the lights, he really didn't answer that one. :rolleyes:

Of coarse my dad tried to get me interested in flying, I guess he did, just not the same type. :rolleyes:

Rod

Last edited:
What do you mean that my location is blank? It's a municipal airport
Hey, you added your location!

Not only you are on the same planet, you are North of the Equator and the Western Hemisphere.

Were like neighbors! :)

Rod

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31