Newbie Question

Reaction score
I have read quite a bit on ATTI mode, however somewhat confused still. Basically after setting up the craft for GPS flight, taking off, can I move to ATTI mode and then back to GPS mode. Assume so, but a tad confused there. Any info is greatly appreciated. Sorry if this has been answered already.

Hi Paul.and I welcomed you to the Best Drone forum in the world...up to the right of this page is a magnifying glass .that opens a search box and you type a question and git a lots of threads about your questions here instantly !

When you take the drone out of GPS mode...it sure wont be as stable so be careful...and be ready to flip switch it back to GPS mode...in the wind hands off sticks it will drift when its out of GPS mode.....so fly with caution !

Hi Paul, what aircraft are you flying? (useful to say upfront as all are not equal). Attitude (ATTI) mode can be activated manually (LHS switch on Phantom Remote for example) or if the drone looses sight of GPS satellites (say under a bridge) it may ‘drop into’ ATTI mode on its own. The built in barometer (measures air pressure) will maintain the aircraft height and the aircraft will fly just fine other that it no longer has gps info to maintain position, meaning the slightest breeze or motion will cause drone to drift just like a balloon in the wind. With practice, it’s not difficult to control this, and considered good pilot training to learn how to do this manually, so if it occurs unexpectedly, one can control and land the drone safely.

Edit. So yes, one can switch between ATTI mode and normal mode on most drones, again how depends on your drone & RC. (User manual would tell you).
Trust this assists you.

(And know... ATTI mode has NO brakes to speak of!!)
You'll be tempted to let it hum at greater speeds than GPS will allow.. but braking distance is GREATLY increased!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers