Newbie needs help please

Reaction score
Hi. I've just received my p3 pro. I've followed the instructions and I've calibrated the compass. I don't have a tablet attatched and I'm trying to do it manually. The p3 propellers won't start. I've tried The toggles down and in also the toggles down and out. Neither work. Any ideas please.

Hi. I've just received my p3 pro. I've followed the instructions and I've calibrated the compass. I don't have a tablet attatched and I'm trying to do it manually. The p3 propellers won't start. I've tried The toggles down and in also the toggles down and out. Neither work. Any ideas please.
You need to register the bird w/ DJI, through the app.

Ok. Thanks for the response. Please advise. Does this mean it can't be flown manually without registering? And how do I register it?

I've registered with my email etc. So do I need to register the drone?

You cannot fly without registering. Download the app, connect to the wifi from the controller (and phantom) and then login with the same credentials you created on the DJI website (or make new credentials).

I'd recommend reading the manual carefully before you fly, but if you just can't wait, at least watch the P2V training videos before you fly - the controls aren't 100% the same but very close.

Reactions: Dadcat
Once you download and run the app, the first time you turn on the P3 (no props for safety) insure the phone or tablet is connected to wifi, the app will ask you to register, just use the same user name and password you used online and it will walk you thru the registration process, then you can fly. But as tcg stated please watch the videos and read the entire manual first.

Hi. Thanks again. When the app turns on. It doesn't recognise the p3 or the controls. I'm using my LG g3 mobile which is connected to the 3 networks internet. It just says it's disconected. And it doesn't ask me to input any log in details.

Hi. Thanks again. When the app turns on. It doesn't recognise the p3 or the controls. I'm using my LG g3 mobile which is connected to the 3 networks internet. It just says it's disconected. And it doesn't ask me to input any log in details.
Do u have it wired to the controller?

Did you get the app from Playstore or from tge dji site? Currently YOU MUST use the one from dji site. Press button top right corner and make sure it is set to phantom 3 not inspire.

That doesn't explain why it didn't work straight out of the box though.

I have downloaded the latest firmware to the p3 I need a dongle to update the controller. But the app was downloaded today.
The firmware for both the P3 and its controller need to be updated before it will work. This is why it not connecting.

If the phantom just sits there blinking with no noise it means the latest firmware is already installed. If you look at the sd card it actually writes a text message to this effect.

Ok. All firmware is latest but nothing works on the app. i.e. no signal on anything. The drone won't rotate the blades at all. I bought it from hobby mounts UK. But they won't respond or answer their phones. Arses!

Did you register the bird via the app? if not, do it.

I'm not being thick, but i can't find any option on the app that asks you to register the drone. Any ideas please. And thanks for your patience.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.