Newbie GPS problem

Reaction score
I'm a big fan of forum sites, simply because they tend to be infinitely more helpful than the manufacturers instructions.
I've just bought a second hand MC40 on Ebay. I bought second hand purely because I didn't want to spend out a lot of money, only to decide that for whatever reason, it wasn't for me after all.
The one I've bought appears to be in immaculate condition, although I did have to buy batteries.
It works and it flies.
A big factor for me is the whole GPS mode setting. I would feel so much more relaxed if I knew that it had the ability to return. Unfortunately, setting the GPS mode is where I seem to be having problems.
When I switch the transmitter on and connect the battery, the green light flashes.
I flick the S1 switch several times as various youtube videos tell you to do, but the light still flashes green. It doesn't change to amber (by the way, when I flick the S1 switch, do I return it to the GPS position?).
I rotate the MC40 the two ways that you are told to do, but the light always continues to flash green. It doesn't change to amber after each rotation.
Am I doing something wrong, or is it the MC40 that's not working properly?
I'm kind of wishing that I had simply bought a new one to start with, especially when I've since found out that what I paid for a second hand one was almost as much as a brand new one :eek:(

Make sure the switch you are flipping up and down is the one on your right hand side.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.