Reaction score
So I just recently purchased my first drone, Phantom 3 pro. So far have flown it numerous times using a IPad 1 mini. Having aggravating difficulties because my live feed from the RC to the IPad is super glitchy all the time and distorted and seems to be 5 seconds slow behind real time. It just doesnt seem to be connecting to the app very well.This is preventing me to fly it around without having to stare at the RC with my own eyes. I have tried closing all the apps as well. Everything is updated, experienced overheating as well with IPad today, yet this happened before even with cool temperatures next to the beach. Any suggestions would be super useful and very appreciated!

-sky

Lots of guys I fly with (including myself) are using the iPad Mini 2/3.

I like the form factor and weight. No issues unless you use the tablet in very warm temps. which can cause some video stuttering when the tablet gets really hot.

If you're going to be flying FPV you may want to consider getting the P3 HDMI board and goggles (there are many discussions on the 'net regarding these subjects :cool: )

:harry

Last edited:
Lots of guys I fly with (including myself) are using the iPad Mini 2/3.

I like the form factor and weight. No issues unless you use the tablet in very warm temps. that can cause some video stuttering when the tablet get really hot.

If you're going to be flying FPV you may want to consider getting the P3 HDMI board and goggles (there are many discussions on the 'net regarding these subjects :cool: )

:harry
Thanks for your input! Yeah I have been researching the P3HDMI board and goggles and think i might have to invest in them for the type of filming and flying I will be doing. Thanks again!

-sky

Thanks for your input! Yeah I have been researching the P3HDMI board and goggles and think i might have to invest in them for the type of filming and flying I will be doing. Thanks again!

-sky
Also, can the Ipad be a 16g? or would you recommend bigger? Is cellular based a necessity as well? Thanks!

-Sky

Yes, it can be 16GB. There's no need for big storage for flying.
Likewise the cellular version is not necessary for flying.
But in Apple devices, you don't get GPS unless you get the cell version.
GPS in the tablet enables you to use the dynamic home point feature - something not used by many flyers anwway.

Newbie too bought an IPad mini 2 works great, light weight easy to manage, can wifi off of the iPhone if you need to load a map

So I just recently purchased my first drone, Phantom 3 pro. So far have flown it numerous times using a IPad 1 mini. Having aggravating difficulties because my live feed from the RC to the IPad is super glitchy all the time and distorted and seems to be 5 seconds slow behind real time. It just doesnt seem to be connecting to the app very well.This is preventing me to fly it around without having to stare at the RC with my own eyes. I have tried closing all the apps as well. Everything is updated, experienced overheating as well with IPad today, yet this happened before even with cool temperatures next to the beach. Any suggestions would be super useful and very appreciated!

-sky
Interesting, the app store wouldn't even let me download the app on my Ipad mini 1. It said it would not work on this device. That's when I got a mini 2. Wonder how you got it to load on yours

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik