New Video I need your opinions on how to improve from here!

Reaction score
Hey I recently uploaded my 5th video while keeping all older suggestions in mind I am wondering what you would do better with this video:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: JWH
Some really fantastic video footage there. I would keep looking for appropriate music and go with cross dissolve or other smooth transitions rather than what you have. You don't want to call attention to quirky transitions and away from your great footage. Just my opinion. Everyone has their own likes and dislikes.

I concur with flyboy73. You have some beautiful scenery. Where is it? I agree with the above post about smoother transitions being needed. I had to mute the music!

I am just a beginner on the video stuff, so take my opinion for what it's worth! I am just posting my personal preference. What software are you using for the editing?

looks good. nice fall colors. Id just say like they already did, but work on your transitions and timing to the music and this will really come together

Interesting, learning to evolve as you become more familiar with editing happens over time. I would say good frame drop effects were used. Transitions are important as well as duration of transitions and timing, I might add some footage of looking sideways as you fly (careful to not tree smack) and footage looking backwards as you fly adds depth/perspective to any footage. Very slow low footage of the area also might add to the experience.

I like the transitions with the music, also Grammaton´s idea of filming backwards sounds very good. Maybe using country music with the footage since you are in the woods, just my opinion.

Nice video. I try not to film houses when I'm doing nature stuff, and level your camera. The horizon is low on the left.

Hey I recently uploaded my 5th video while keeping all older suggestions in mind I am wondering what you would do better with this video:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Absolutely gorgeous footage. Love the edits with the beat - very well done.

The only critique I have are to switch things up. Many of the shots are from roughly the same altitude and roughly the same speed of roughly the same thing.

Perhaps give us some lower altitude shots through trees or going backwards - 'different looks' as they say. I loved the lower altitude shots of the water - awesome!

Also try and tell a story if you can, why are we out in the woods? All the would be needed is a more specific subject like a dog or perhaps a runner.

It's amazing what people are putting together now!!

Hi there, I like the subject and the footage, but have to agree with the others the music wasn't to my taste...but hey I'm an old guy. My way of doing it is to keep it to about 4 mins maximum, and add some catchy middle of the road tunes just in case they get bored with the video (",) Keep up the good work. Regards Ian.

Nice!

One easy and safe way to get these backwards flying shots as mentioned is simply to reverse the clip in post. Makes for an interesting moment if you can set it up to fly very close to, let's say a tree branch, flying forward and passing just over or under it, then in post, reverse the clip to reveal the subject/object.
Use the same tactic in reverse, carefully flying backwards to reveal, then ascending, then reversing that in post. Makes for a tense moment. (Picked that up here in the forum BTW)

When you listen to a guitar solo, Your "hearing" their imagination.
Make people "see" yours.

Happy flying

JB

Sent from my XT1585 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic