New V 2.0 props for p4p ?

Reaction score
Did anybody get the new 2.0 props? Are they quieter?

I've only tested the V2 props on my P4P V2 so far. To my ears, the old and new props sound nearly identical.

I just right now watched a video on YouTube and there was definitely a reduction in noise , even on the video.
You can hear a definite deeper tone to the prop sound.
Yep, I saw that video too. In person though, I didn't notice a big difference. Perhaps it would be easier to detect if you had two P4P's flying side-by-side.

Reactions: RunningWithScissors
DJI says there is only a slight difference in volume between the two prop styles on a P4P v1. Probably not worth getting the new props until your old ones need replacing.

It's kind of difficult to make comparisons via an audio recording or even a sound meter because these devices don't necessarily duplicate live (and subjective) perception by a human ear. Realistically there is only so much improvement that can be gained by messing with the airfoil (assuming you don't want to affect performance) so it's not surprising if there doesn't seem to be a huge difference. But it technically it is 'quieter' (and maybe in reality, at least a little) so there's a marketing bullet point at least.

I was just reading about frequencies and what distance they travel, meaning high and low frequencies. The new props for the p4p create a lower frequency sound which means the sound going to travel further , which also means the AC going to be more easily heard and detected then the higher-pitched OEM propellers.

Reactions: K Henry
I was just reading about frequencies and what distance they travel, meaning high and low frequencies. The new props for the p4p create a lower frequency sound which means the sound going to travel further , which also means the AC going to be more easily heard and detected then the higher-pitched OEM propellers.
But it could be argued the lower pitch is not as annoying

But it could be argued the lower pitch is not as annoying
Yes I would agree with that.
But science shows that low pitch sound travels further than high-pitch sounds.

Reactions: K Henry and Deezbs
Yes I would agree with that.
But science shows that low pitch sound travels further than high-pitch sounds.
Excellent point. But still, it's that high pitch that is irritating. If the pitch is lower, then it will sound quieter to many of us. They're still not available for purchase unfortunately. They're still listed as out of stock.

I don't think I'm going to spend 20 bucks for a little more quiet

I have the V2 and I can definitely notice a reduction in sound. it's more about the pitch sounding deeper and not as whiny

The V2 props or P4P V2? I'd like a first hand opinion from someone using the new props on a V1 P4P. If DJI says there is only a slight difference with that configuration then I bet it is very little difference.

The V2 props or P4P V2? I'd like a first hand opinion from someone using the new props on a V1 P4P. If DJI says there is only a slight difference with that configuration then I bet it is very little difference.

There isn't going to be any significant difference between the P4P V2 and V1 with the new props, whatever improvement there is on one will be on the other.

There isn't going to be any significant difference between the P4P V2 and V1 with the new props, whatever improvement there is on one will be on the other.
That's interesting. If that's true then why would DJI say there wasn't as much noise reduction when used with the P4P v1? I would think if that's the case then they would market these new props to everyone and say there is equal noise reduction on both model drones. Can you tell me where you got your information from? I just read the description on the DJI store listing for the new props. Buy Phantom 4 Series Low-Noise Propellers - DJI Store

The V2 has a different motor and ESC controller and DJI claims that this 'contributes' to the noise reduction but they don't attempt to quantify it and if it has any effect at all it is going to be minute compared to the prop change, probably not even easily measurable. I expect the 'not as much' comment has mostly to do with them preferring that you would upgrade rather than just buy new props. ;)

The new motor/ESC combination is also claimed to be more power efficient although the review that I saw that compared flight times between a V1 and V2 (both using the new props) found less than a minute difference.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31